Where is the dedicated server?

Infinite Warfare PS4

Where is the dedicated server?

COD is dead on multiplayer. Once Again this game show disguised lag.

Only Profit.

We want an equal game for everyone in multiplayer with dedicated servers.

Then they wonder why the franchise has declined in recent years.

dno17
5 REPLIES

Re: Where is the dedicated server?

in reply to dno17
There are dedicated servers, multiple. People think that playing on a dedicated server eliminates lag, not the case. It evens the playing field sure, but there will always be latency in online gaming, get a clue.
kuljuarenot

in reply to kuljuarenot

When there are sub par dedicated servers and not enough of them there will be issues.  Bottom line here is they will not now or ever dedicate enough resources to this game to ensure good game play for all involved.  It's too expensive and they are not going to take a hit to their bottom line so that we can play decent multiplayer matches.  

I for one am open to suggestions for a new first person shooter... WWII is going to be my last CoD, I can't take the frustration any longer.  All I want is an even playing field, one where I know if I'm doing well or not.  Not one where I go 30 and 2 and then in the same lobby go 5 and 25.  This game has become a joke and no one will even address it.  A franchise is lost when it doesn't even use it's own forums to spread news,  they use Redit?!  They have lost their way!

Teamwork is the key! Plug in your mic and communicate!
MA_CaptAmerica

in reply to MA_CaptAmerica

Well said !!!

Horrorman

in reply to MA_CaptAmerica

It's been this way since COD has had online multiplayer.  Name another online gaming experience that doesn't involve lag or latency.  You can't, because it is a part of online gaming and always will be.  You have to take the good with the bad.  Would you rather it go back to P2P?  There are plenty of dedicated servers, unless you live in BFE, and if that's the case, then you can't expect the developers to cater to such a small population, it's the same as anything else.

kuljuarenot

in reply to kuljuarenot

Yes there will be lag and latency in online gaming no matter what but it should not make the game unplayable.  Since Activision is not transparent about matchmaking and servers it's difficult to really know that there are enough quality servers in locations to serve the masses.  I live in Ohio and I use my Netduma to limit servers, this makes the game OK most of the time.  Since getting the Duma and before setting the geo filter I would get matched with players mainly in Florida/Atlanta, The Dakotas, and Europe... none of these were suitable for game play quality.  The reason I point this out is because I think contrary to what you are saying they are trying to cater everyone by pushing sub par connections to match up with good ones with the end result of everyone having a sub standard connection.  This way the guy in middle of nowhere does not suffer as much but they guy in larger area with a good connection also suffers by absorbing the fringe few.  I don't claim to know the answer but I've been playing online games since CounterStrike and it seems to me things are moving backwards... that was 20 years ago and I could get better server connections then. (and yes that is a whole other subject since anyone could run a server and with that comes cheating and all kinds of mods and such... with the good comes the bad).  

I just want an online experience that give everyone in my lobby a sporting chance.  Not to go 35-2 one round and turn around the next match and go 7-36... my skills don't fluctuate that much from round to round.  

Teamwork is the key! Plug in your mic and communicate!
MA_CaptAmerica

Studios