Mw remastered code doesn´t work as it's already in use (Preowned Game)

Infinite Warfare Support

Hi,

I've read quite a lot of threads and I'm getting nowhere.

So I bought the Call of Duty Legacy edition of an auction site. The description didn't say much just it's Legacy Edition. So I've put the CD in and the first thing I did was type the Code in and it says it's already in use. Great but I remember correctly MW:Remastered wouldn't work without the CD so obviously the Code or there is another way of getting the game. As whoever sold the game to auctioneer wouldn't be able to play the game anyway so as I got the Game (MW and the download should be available to me). 

I've contacted PSN (AskPSN Twitter) and also ATVIAssist (Twitter) but so far no replies. 

Please can anyone help?

I really want this game so bad Smiley Sad 

desibuoyy
13 REPLIES 13

Odd. I didn't have to put a code in. It just installed from the disc.

SweatDragon Level 75
I'm assuming you had the Disc. Was the Legacy edition or the Deluxe?

I have a black leaflet with the code and it says this is what you have to do - Go to Redeem codes and type in the code.
Also another question - how does the PS4 know, the Disc I've put is part of the Legacy edition for MW to install? Reason I ask is there are standard editions and if it did auto install like you are saying would it install for the others who've got standard edition. Just playing Devils Advocate.

desibuoyy

@desibuoyy wrote:
I'm assuming you had the Disc. Was the Legacy edition or the Deluxe?

I have a black leaflet with the code and it says this is what you have to do - Go to Redeem codes and type in the code.
Also another question - how does the PS4 know, the Disc I've put is part of the Legacy edition for MW to install? Reason I ask is there are standard editions and if it did auto install like you are saying would it install for the others who've got standard edition. Just playing Devils Advocate.

The disc for the legacy is differnet from the normal issue. Think if it as an install disc. It has the code to connect to the network and download. The games are way too big to fit on a disc.  So, the legacy disc starts both downloads. The only code I remember was for some free crap like camos and such.

SweatDragon Level 75
Hey.

I don't know if my other message posted as I can't see it on this thread.

Well there was an option on the menu sceen on IW and it says to upgrade it. I manually went to PSN Store and it's not available to purchase.

So this code is the only thing I can see that is for MW. The Black leaflet just reads - "Use the code below to access downloadable content of the game" and the expiry date and it just tells you about MW download and what maps will be available etc. on the other side is the MW poster.

desibuoyy

PSN support replied on Twitter - "I am afraid that you would need to contact the retailer where you purchased the game. We are unable to give out codes for this sadly."

This is great. 

desibuoyy

Got a reply from PSN support on Twitter - "I am afraid that you would need to contact the retailer where you purchased the game. We are unable to give out codes for this sadly.".

desibuoyy

Sounds to me like the auction ripped you off, and sold you a standard edition.

SweatDragon Level 75
The box shows Legacy Edition and the Leaflet inside has the code.

I spoke to the auction and they said it was a store return and the store sold them the games.
desibuoyy

The disc should say something about legacy edition.

SweatDragon Level 75

Studios