Rank reset and create a class bug BLACK OPS 1

Infinite Warfare Support

I know this isn't Infinite warfare but pls I need help badly!  So the other day I started the game up and got a message saying something on the lines of:" we have found corrupt files and have reseted your rank to the latest level saved to your cloud"... unfortunally I didn't screenshot it and I don't remember fully what it said. However I've read about this "rank reset bug" in the past and even if I think it's annoying, it's not as annoying as not being able to create class. So it started shortly after the "rank reset bug" had happened and now I can't: switch perks, weapons or attachments. I also can't buy anything else like camo or new attachments or killstreaks etc. Does anyone know how to fix this, I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting the config etc. Not being able to play it properly kinda ruins it for me. Also i'm sorry if there is any bad grammar, english is not my nativ language. tl:dr can't create class after "rank reset bug", any1 know how to fix

WhaleBranch
9 REPLIES 9

This also happened to me within the past 24-48 hours..This definitely needs some attention this is a nearly game breaking bug

sheepskinfukpupt

I have the same problem and tried everything... Can't change classes, stats got reset (but still able to play with the guns I unlocked previously) and everytime you try to change something 'fetching online stats', 'downloading game settings' etc appears on screen. Very annoying... I really like this game on pc Smiley Sad

Febrezepulle
Highlighted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1GaOg6RumE

NOT THE SOLUTION, but just to show what we mean (I think)

Febrezepulle
TL;DR in at the end of this post

Okay I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible.. I got resetd and also my custom classes were lock'd, this happened to me after I prestiged and was somewhere in the 10-20lvl range. I had made a couple of custom classes during this time, when suddenly got a message saying that I had corrupted data in my files etc. and that I had been resetd, I tried everything in could to get my rank back but that didnt work so I just figured that maybe if I just play a couple of matches, I would get my rank back. Then when I started lvling back up I couldn't create any new classes or buy any new perks. This resulted in me playing with 2 classes that somehow didn't get resetd where I had m16 until I just prestiged now, everything seems to work fine now btw. (so I did a full prestige with just that gun, u can imagine how painful that is Smiley Very Happy)

If u ur problem is that u only got reseted there are good posts about how to fix it here on the steam forums. if u have the same problem as me then im sorry atleast i didn't find a way to fix it other than just playing the game and getting the same presige i was on before the reset, however i strongly advise you to get on facebook and twitter (the contacts are in earlier post on this thread) and try to get help from there. This workd for me and I don't have proof that this method will work 100% of the time, but this is all the info i have. Also as a final note HUGE thanks to .:MSK:.Hawk for helping me out on possible fixes and also how to get in touch with support!
Thanks for reading and sry for the long post!

tl;dr if u only get rank resetd find a fix on the forums, if u also have lockd classes contatct support and u may have to get ur original RANK AND PRESTIGE back before u can create a class again.
WhaleBranch

For me, I was able to solve this bug when I reached level 10 (but that was not the level before my level was reset), because in this level I could modify the killstreaks (the killstreaks that i bought it was the blackbird), but then when I bought the killstreaks the game no longer presented "fetching stats" and could normally customize the classes

Kolp13

This happened to me 2 days ago, I was at 14th prestige, all weapons golden... and now. NOTHING, stats has been reset. just a few weapons freezed on class creator. I cannt change it, it's like a bug, Really annoying. How can I get help ???? ...

xKarLx

Have the same problem... maybe i got reported as cheater, because yesterday i had some really really good games in a row but i didnt and would never use any cheats/hacks! I would like to get some help on this too! :/

R0R5CH4CH

Is it possible that Treyarch is messing with the ranks on purpose to try and get us to purchase a nwer game from them? It's cynical I know, but I'm pretty sure they don't like that fact they we think black ops is better then any of their newer games

mcduke

I have the same feeling, I'm trying to fix this but I can't. I will never going to buy any cod games and I will tell all my friends to not buy it too. 

Zen-Mk

Studios