Lag on Infinite Warfare

SOLVED

Infinite Warfare Xbox One

Lag on Infinite Warfare

Hey everybody,

A month ago, I purchased Infinite Warfare on disc for Xbox One. I had no problems at all. But last week, there was a sign-in problem on my Xbox, so I tried to fix it by rebooting the Xbox. Turned out to be a failure of Microsoft, but I could access my own account. So I started to play Infinite Warfare. But since that moment, the game started to lag every now and then, resulting in almost unplayable conditions.

Specifications:

Xbox One 500GB

Internet connection (WiFi) with download speeds on my Xbox up to 90 Mbps, laptop speedtest going up to 150 Mbps.

Infinite Warfare (no DLC, on disc)

When I have to change something in the settings, please tell me where I can find it, because I don't go into settings very often.

xGood7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lag on Infinite Warfare

in reply to xGood7
Solution

Fisrt and foremost, ditch the wifi, and hardwire your connection. You will be mush happier.

Other than that, lag happens, often barely noticable, sometimes it makes the game unplayable 

Wifi is not recommended for this game.

SweatDragon Level 75
8 REPLIES

in reply to xGood7
Solution

Fisrt and foremost, ditch the wifi, and hardwire your connection. You will be mush happier.

Other than that, lag happens, often barely noticable, sometimes it makes the game unplayable 

SweatDragon Level 75

in reply to SweatDragon

@SweatDragon wrote:

That is true; it's best to be hardwired instead of on a WiFi signal as a wired connection is more consistant than any wireless connection. Lag in IW or any other game is just a natural part of the Internet given that it is not possible to get a connection down to a latency where lag wouldn't be an issue for everyone. Having the Sabotage DLC installed won't cause any lag as long as enough people in your region buys the DLC.(I have no issues with matchmaking with DLC installed)

Rusted_Ace2013

in reply to Rusted_Ace2013
Thanks for the replies, I have it hardwired now. It works much better. Only matchmaking is a bit slower, but that isn't an issue to me. I do have issues with game lobbies closing during a match. What is the cause of that?
xGood7

in reply to xGood7

I have been hard-wired for years and still intermittently experience LAG. All part of the gaming experience. LAG has been particularily noticeable for the past week. With the new update, still lagging off and on, really miss the HC  game modes that were removed in the update.

Bye bye Activiaion.

grampad

in reply to grampad
Which gamemodes have been removed?
xGood7

in reply to grampad

@grampad wrote:

I have been hard-wired for years and still intermittently experience LAG. All part of the gaming experience. LAG has been particularily noticeable for the past week. With the new update, still lagging off and on.

Likewise, my ports are all forwarded correctly, yet I still have lag more than most the time. I recently powered up BO3 and its much smoother now and you can find games right away.

Activision knows there's a problem with IW, they have to, but I just don't think it will ever be fixed. It's easier to just blame the user and continue with the copy and paste solutions.

zingaa

in reply to xGood7

Hardwire is the best plus Amazon sells the highest category ethernet called cat 7 flatware gold plated pretty cheap

spawnindustry

in reply to spawnindustry
I posted this like a year ago, but thanks!
xGood7

Studios