Love the game, but I'm lonely. MW2 lacks community.

Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Love the game, but I'm lonely. MW2 lacks community...

I was trying to find a word to explain how I feel, here are some I came up with.

dissociated, disconnected, detached, isolated... lonely.

In MW1 I could develop ties withe people, they knew me, they knew how I played, how good (or bad) I was and sometimes I even got invited to join players clans.

Non of this is happening for me in MW2.

Anyone else feel the same way?
muxxymaxxington
19 REPLIES

Re: Love the game, but I'm lonely. MW2 lacks commu...

in reply to muxxymaxxington
Everyone Else who knows what you are talking about !!!
xcomponent

i feel the exact same way. I was hoping to be able to get into a clan or group and play a little bit more competitively but theres really just no where to talk to others and communicate. no the voice chat in-game does not fit the bill, thats used mostly by people who want to harass the rest of their team.
armonte13

I too am lonely.

Hugs?

I can add you as a friend if you like.
Zenie

No sense of community at all. Everytime I play I have no connection to the punker who killed me. With ded servers I'd make many friends.

Bunch of boneheads with boneheaded ideas making boneheaded games. The boneheads of the currents gen developers.
Consolitis

lonelyyyyyyyy

i am so lonelyyyyy

i have nobodyyy

to play withhhh

OOOOOOO

woke up in the middle of the night, november the 11th and i noticed no dedi server by my side

could i sworn i was dreamin'

for dedi's i was feenin'

so i had to take a little ride

backtracking on these few years

tryna figure out what infinity ward do to make it so bad

cuz ever since dedi's left us

our whole life came crashin'

and i'm so

LONELYYYYYYYYYYYY

SO LONELYYYY

On a more serious note, I agree, playing with randoms is not cool yo. Most people don't talk in MW2 and I don't got enough friends to play with, only know 4 people or so and always when I try to join em the server is full or something :/ I really miss going to my favorite server and play with the same people, recruit for my clan or get recruited and building a community around 1 server etc.. Smiley Sad MW2:MP will die very soon if we don't get dedicated servers, I already started playing less, and not because it's a bad game but just I don't like playing with random people.. it just lacks community like OP said.. :<
Saiyajin

would be nice to have a perfected players list huh, so you are more likely to get into games with those people more often XD
Cloud85211

muxxymaxxington wrote:

I was trying to find a word to explain how I feel, here are some I came up with.

dissociated, disconnected, detached, isolated... lonely.

In MW1 I could develop ties withe people, they knew me, they knew how I played, how good (or bad) I was and sometimes I even got invited to join players clans.

Non of this is happening for me in MW2.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Yup.

It's why i've gone back to COD4. Steam isn't really a good alternative to a clan site, where you get to know others, learn play styles on a dedicated server, get rid of obnoxious little abusive idiots by means of an admin kicking.

Oh and then there is the lack of autobalance and playing 1v6, that doesn't help matters at all.
ID33

Well guys if you all want to have a community and jump on games with people then join our group. We play every day and have a blast. We jump on Ventrilo and play hardcore for hours. We are doing just fine with the game, join us and you will too.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.xtmclan.com">www.xtmclan.com</a><!-- w -->
GeneralClean

come back to cod4 with us guys is my advice

IW wont patch this for dedi's so it wont get better
Dazzler71

Studios