Modded Controller issues

Modern Warfare 2 Forum

Modded Controller issues

I was recently playing COD4 and ran across this clown running around with a Desert Eagle with a modded controller. Iritated the crap out of me because he shot the Eagle faster than the M4 i was using. My question, is or can IW patching the game to recognize people using modded controllers and kicking them out of the game? I like the riot shield idea but you throw a riot shield with a modded controller and that sounds like trouble. Also the Akimbo perk that i have been reading about + a modded controller = trouble. Please IW fix this problem. I read in the Game Informer that the upcoming PS3 game mag has a program running in the game to detect these anomaly's and kick the user out of the game. IDK how other people feel about modded controllers but i feel they are cheating plain and simple. Modded controllers give the person using them an unfair advantage with reload time and firing speed. Again IW please patch or do something that fixes this problem once and for all.
mrandall12
13 REPLIES

Re: Modded Controller issues

in reply to mrandall12

There was a patch about a month ago fixing most of this (and annoying most non-modders...)
d4ng3r

in reply to mrandall12
Apparently IW will be taking a different approach than they did with CoD4.
Dwight_

in reply to mrandall12
the last patch early september(i think september) was supposed to have dealt with it, although recently it feels like they have removed it somehow
sgt_seal

in reply to mrandall12
y does it matter if some1 has a modded controller? its just a game, if it somehow pisses u off then leave or go do something else.
mister_peppers

in reply to mrandall12
will be permanent accolade called modder attached to your name forever in MP
enkeigtr

in reply to mrandall12
they have a cap fire rate. so this is obviously a new mod..... places like promodz.com make speciallized mods, for like waw and other things... so they probably got around the patch in cod 4.. but who knows about mw2
Mr_abc

in reply to mrandall12

enkeigtr wrote:

will be permanent accolade called modder attached to your name forever in MP

that would actually be funny... i know they are on feature lock but that would be a good idea. and make it permanant on their callsign....
Mr_abc

in reply to mrandall12
usually when i run into someone with a modded controller, when the match is over, i question their sexuality for using said modded controller, then they cease to use.

thats just me though.
Clocks1

in reply to mrandall12

misterpeppers wrote:

y does it matter if some1 has a modded controller? its just a game, if it somehow pisses u off then leave or go do something else.

thats like saying, what does it matter if a weapon is well overpowered. of course it matters, you obviously use a modded controller because your S.H.I.T
sgt_seal

Studios