An unfair advantage

SOLVED

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I am all about fair gameplay.  Hosting is something I don't mind doing once in a while, especially when I am on a decent team.  But for the past couple of days I have been hosting virtually every game.  I know I am hosting by how I start skipping around the map when I am running and shooting at people.  I will wait til the game ends to quit the game (I will do that much), and I see the host migration when I exit.

So I read something in here about disabling UPNP on the PS3 and my router.  This has made my nat type strict and I havent been hosting.  I am usually a good player, but this just seems totally unfair.  I am winning way more gunfights, especially 2 on 1.  I know I put myself in situations where I should of died to just come back and easily kill the person.

Is this a credible fix, because after I did this my gameplay has been too good?  Almost feels like I am cheating.

HEREIAMNOW
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
in reply to HEREIAMNOW
Solution

No, it's not cheating. It's these devs and their retarded hosting & matchmaking systems fault.

Besides a strict nat is far from ideal from my experience.

Next to the hosting issues, this game is all about your Ping and connection stability. The lower it's the better your experience should be. Not always the case do to over the top catering to people with below average and well below average nets. I mean if someone goes over 100 ping he should expect latency killing him. If someone has a shit (wireless) setup, he should expect to get shat on for having jitter and (well below) average ping ratings. Not according to these devs. It's insanely frustrating.

It's all so random and very matchmaking based.

I played a game where I had clear lagvantage the other day on a 4 bar. Nobody could kill me. They dropped so fast with a silenced mp7, I was amazed. I won every one on one. I killed campers pre-adsing, getting a red screen every time only to insta-kill enemies constantly. Could have easily gotten 2 moabs, died capping flags.

I would post it but I don’t have a capture card. I play with QoS limit on my upload speed to avoid hosting, if your router can do that, I would advance doing it too. My ping is still very good, I just don’t like hosting this game at all. I would play on an open nat (with the mw3 ports open) while limiting your upload speed to avoid hosting.

Adding a local lock option and 10 ping intervals instead of 25 would fix most issues, next to the host stuttering. As the game is most fair when it's 4 bar vs 4 bar ping.

Snipingdbag
14 REPLIES 14

Not trying to dis you or call you a liar, but I swear EVERYONE thinks they're host every game. Sure, there are tell-tale signs that you might be host, but unless you rage quit and send the lobby into migration there's no sure way to tell

Ghamorra Level 75

ghamorra wrote:

Not trying to dis you or call you a liar, but I swear EVERYONE thinks they're host every game. Sure, there are tell-tale signs that you might be host, but unless you rage quit and send the lobby into migration there's no sure way to tell

I am pretty sure if you are the only player with full bars you can be pretty damn sure you are the host.

coltfirearms

Rarely do I find one person with a solid connection whilst everyone else has a lesser. The host typically, from my observations and experiences, has the worst

Ghamorra Level 75

It doesn't matter what lobby I am, after the first game I play I am almost always 4 bar.

HEREIAMNOW

And I totally agree with you, because I quit a couple of times during this hosting dilema only to not be host.  But like I said, I waited for the game to end to show final kill cam, and when I quit to see if I was host it would go to host migration.  Even in the ground war games I played.  It wasn't this bad until whatever they did on the PS3 a couple of days ago jacked me up.  Plus my KD went down .05% and that isnt like me, to get pwned that bad.

HEREIAMNOW

HEREIAMNOW wrote:

Even in the ground war games I played

This could also be your problem. I find GW has the worst connection. More people in the lobby = more people the host has to cater too. Some people don't have Internet to hold a 16 player bout

Ghamorra Level 75

HEREIAMNOW wrote:

I know I put myself in situations where I should of died to just come back and easily kill the person.

Is this a credible fix, because after I did this my gameplay has been too good?  Almost feels like I am cheating.

This kinda answears your own question.

monkeylord1

I'll take it.  Screw the rest of the people, I just want to destroy the game on a rampage.

HEREIAMNOW

HEREIAMNOW wrote:

I'll take it.  Screw the rest of the people, I just want to destroy the game on a rampage.

Yeah but it's not really you is it?

monkeylord1

Studios