Any ideas on how to avoid some of the lag.

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Thanks, I'll try a new ISP and do what you too have suggested; I'll find people around my area and do some research on settings I should use or some things I could change.

GonzaloJS

You have to play with different settings and see what works best for you, then once you have it figured out they will put out a patch that will ruin it again.  At least that seems to be the cycle I am stuck in and I have pretty good internet.

traderearl

Settings as in?

GonzaloJS

To open your NAT if it is moderate or strict you would port forward or set static ip and use a DMZ.  To go back to moderate or strict you turn off port forwarding or DMZ.  However, with your internet I don't think either would make any difference.

traderearl

I have purchased a new package, I'll post my download, uploads speeds and ping when they set it up Thanks for all the support everyone.

GonzaloJS

With a better internet connection you may start to suffer from lag compensation.  If so you can search google (or the COD forums) for ways to setup QOS to try and keep your PS3 in the sweet spot to have the least amount of compensation. Some routers don't allow for customizing QOS settings.   Although the polls don't show patch 1.10 creating less lag compensation for premium ISP users, I myself have had much better results with 1.10 than I did with 1.08 (which was the worst patch for my game playability).  Hope the new internet makes the game more playable for you.

traderearl

I'll try to read about some terms you've used. I do remember a couple of months ago (perhaps a bit more), the lag wouldn't annoy me as much. Now it just seems when someone comes around the corner, they know exactly where I'm standing (even if using assassin) and I keep getting instantly killed. Thanks again for your feedback, you've been really helpful. I'm reading about QoS right now while on my Router's Control Panel.

GonzaloJS

No worries, hope it helps.  I would try playing with the new internet package before changing the settings, but if you find that you constanty die from the enemy even though you shot them first with several bullets and then your killcam shows you aren't even firing, then you are now in the world of lag compensation.

traderearl

It seems I might be in this lag compensation world because that happens to me often. I'll wait until I get my new package; if it doesn't work, I'll try to get someone to help me with this QoS thing as I'm no computer expert and I don't know what I should change or not. If I don't find anyone, well I could post another thread or simply follow a tutorial that I deem trustworthy.

Thanks!

GonzaloJS

Do some stage 5 creeping and find yourself some people who live within 3-4 states away. I found a decent group of people who all live in the North East US and hardly ever expereince lag playing with them

Ghamorra Level 75

Studios