Are modded controllers bannable?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

Just played a game where 3 members of the enemy team were using rapid fire controllers with their MK14's.  They'd all walk around ADS with Stalker on and just spray their MK14's as if they were fully automatic.  These controllers are not really fair to other players, so I don't see why they should be allowed, but I haven't heard of any bans for them.  I did find it funny that they complained about me using my AA12, when they had 3 people basically cheating...

And to make it even better and rub it in my face more they were your standard trash talking, high and mighty 13 year old Call of Duty players.

xWARxCantStopMe
72 REPLIES 72

Other player's might think this as a joke and kinda nail your for this one..

They're so common though, that they're often not rage'd about.

To answer your question though: Yes, they are bannable. Big time. You don't hear much about it because rapid fire controllers have existed since COD's infancy.

rsjc741

I assumed they were, since they provide an unfair advantage to the player using it, but I was basically wondering if I should take the time to send clips to BanCandy or not.  These controllers along with drop shotting, akimbo fmg9's and all the other bs in core is why I became a HC player for the most part.  I've also heard that some of these controllers have built in drop shotting, I don't understand why the playerbase is resorting to the use of such cheap tactics.

xWARxCantStopMe

In truth, Microsoft's Rapid Fire controller is the only usable rapidfire controller that's not banable.

There's a catch though -- you can't use it online.

I, personally, have a homebrew rapidfire controller. However, it's dismantled in a box in my closet because of some faulty soddering.
When it did work, it was a novelty. I'd spray a barrett .50 cal clip into the air -- shoot a FAL clip off scarcely faster than my own finger could. Barrel ram a friend in a NS/QS lobby.

So if you can make one, more power to you. Soddering is a good skill to have for sure.

This rain and lack of sleep is making me way off topic, so sorry if i rambled on.

rsjc741

I'm sure there's some way to program a cap on the fire rate of weapons or a way to detect if it's being fired significantly faster than it should be.  And why in the hell did Microsoft make a rapid fire controller?

xWARxCantStopMe

rsjc741 wrote:

In truth, Microsoft's Rapid Fire controller is the only usable rapidfire controller that's not banable.

There's a catch though -- you can't use it online.

I, personally, have a homebrew rapidfire controller. However, it's dismantled in a box in my closet because of some faulty soddering.
When it did work, it was a novelty. I'd spray a barrett .50 cal clip into the air -- shoot a FAL clip off scarcely faster than my own finger could. Barrel ram a friend in a NS/QS lobby.

So if you can make one, more power to you. Soddering is a good skill to have for sure.

This rain and lack of sleep is making me way off topic, so sorry if i rambled on.

If its licensed and approved by Microsoft it is allowed to be used online. At least according to XBL Policy. But heres the catch...

Many game companies dont let them in their games. Like the keyboard / mouse adapter is a violation of Activision Policy but not  MS policy.

For example, putting a fire cap will prevent an allowable rapid fire controller in their game from messing it up for the others.

But it is safe to say that Activision will consider it cheating in my opinion regardless if its MS authorized or not. So I would still report them.

starbuckfrack Level 72

Conversation sounds familiar lol

redline70689

Sounds right. I never cared much to scout for it in their TOS, but thanks for the info.

Their are firing caps in all COD games. WaW was the turning point, where modders came up with a "Stealth Chip".

However, most COD Games have at least one gun (ususally a pistol) that has a higher firing cap than the other semi-automatic weapons.

In BO it was the ASP, with a firing rate of 1200 RPM.
In MW3 its the P99, with the same firing rate.

All other firing caps are around 760 RPM.

rsjc741

rsjc741 wrote:

Untrue... the MS controller is for offline play only.

No rapid fire controller... modified or otherwise... is okay to use in online play.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

But does that make you a better player? 

Ogyturk#3264492

Studios