Are modded controllers bannable?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

xWARxCantStopMe wrote:

Just played a game where 3 members of the enemy team were using rapid fire controllers with their MK14's.  They'd all walk around ADS with Stalker on and just spray their MK14's as if they were fully automatic.  These controllers are not really fair to other players, so I don't see why they should be allowed, but I haven't heard of any bans for them.  I did find it funny that they complained about me using my AA12, when they had 3 people basically cheating...

And to make it even better and rub it in my face more they were your standard trash talking, high and mighty 13 year old Call of Duty players.

I posted this elsewhere so some of its copied... Hope it helps

Guys , first dont mix up MODDED controllers with RAPID FIRE controllers.

Two different animals.

Well ACTUALLY THREE.

modded controllers are basically Xbox controller opened and modified. VERY much against the TOU and the COC. With this company you are NOT buying a CONTROLLER. You are buying a SERVICE. the key part here is their service is not illegal or against the TOU in any way. that is how they get around the TOU.

They MIGHT be a good customer of Microsoft because they buy a lot of controllers. Or so they say.

Now even BUYING a controller (ooops service) is not against the TOS but using them on the Xbox at all is forbidden. Read the TOU part 14 I believe.

Now there are LISCENSED controllers that are OK to use with Microsoft . You CAN use them on the single player Xbox, but online is frowned upon by MS . Fact is they say frowned upon because its not actually a rule. For a licensed controller look on the xbox third party page. for example looke for the HORI. THAT one is fine.

Now for the kicker. Go to gamestop. Look at the DATEL Turbofire2 (I think its called that). now either look on the box, if its not there look on the last page of the manual (or go on the website to download it).

Now here is the important part. Look on the LAST page of the manual and see the fine print that says...

Turbofire, turbofire 2 , wildfire, wildfire 2 are 100 % unofficial products and are NOT sponsored , endorsed or approved by Microsoft nor any games publisher or developer.

This third type in an UNLICENSED rapid fire controller.

You can use a rapid fire licensed one online according to Xbox Policy BUT Game Companies can expand the rules to not allow peripherals in their games as stated here by an XBL PET member...

Heres a quote from CHAT, note that this is an XBL Employee as opposed to chatting with an XBL Ambassador who doesnt work for MS.

ME There is a peripheral called the Xim3 mouse and keyboard adapter and others like it. Are they allowed by microsoft to be used on ONLINE gameplay ? Are they considered fair to the other gamers ? For example I know MS frowns upon using licenced rapid fire controllers in online play. I do know how the policy is worded and such but this specific item(s) are of concern. I myself do not use it but would like to help others.

Conan: They are not exclusively banned from Xbox, though individual Game developers may want to ban players from their games for using such peripherals

ME that pretty much answers my question. thanks.

Conan: No problem

ME. Is there anything else I could help you with today?

ME But you do understand that I am talking about ONLINE play of course

Conan: Yes I do indeed.

Bolded parts by me.

starbuckfrack Level 72

I've had Similar experiences before. Situations where I dumped clips on a player before and nothing happens to them

Ogyturk#3264492

Short version...

On MSs Third Party Xbox Peripheral Page there is a Black Turbo Controller.

OK for single player by MS.

Frowned upon by MS in online play but not bannable.

Very Likely not allowed to be used for MW3 by Activision in online play. It may be XBLs Service but you are playing Activisions game.

starbuckfrack Level 72

Thanks man, I read the long version too.   Perhaps I'll send a message to BanCandy and see if it is something that they ban players for.

xWARxCantStopMe
Highlighted

xWARxCantStopMe wrote:

Thanks man, I read the long version too.   Perhaps I'll send a message to BanCandy and see if it is something that they ban players for.

I'd definitely send BC a message, because using a modded controller to gain an unfair advantage over fellow gamers is cheating, regardless of what some kids on these forums might say.

I miss the days when Fair Play actually meant something... Back in my youth, it actually meant what it says.

Play Fair and be respected for your progress. Cheat, and only a cheater will respect you. That's the bottom line. Kids these days are too ignorant and greedy, only wanting to be number one.. And they'll use every means possible to become that special #1..

Sad thing though, some devs seem to cater more to these kids than the honest gamers these days

Stumperud781

In my opinion they should definitely not be banned for doing that. Not only is it hard to detect, thus making banning them obsolete as there is usually no evidence but they actually went out of their own way to mod their controllers, they deserve those extra kills IMHO. I'm sick of noobs complaining, either put up with it, play locally and/or with friends or mod yours too. Peace out, hombre.

Nunezapath

Nunezapath wrote:

In my opinion they should definitely not be banned for doing that. Not only is it hard to detect, thus making banning them obsolete as there is usually no evidence but they actually went out of their own way to mod their controllers, they deserve those extra kills IMHO. I'm sick of noobs complaining, either put up with it, play locally and/or with friends or mod yours too. Peace out, hombre.

Why should the honest gamers have to put up with the modders..?

Fair Play, ever heard of it? If not, go look it up...

This is basically how it all started...

"Player1: Look guys, i started modding and now i pwn you all!

Player2: OMFG now i'm gonna start modding too!

Player3: Complains about modders

Player4: Do it yourself and stop complaining

Player3: Proceeds to start modding", and so it continues.

Oh and before you utter the word "noob" make sure you know what it actually means... Calling someone a noob doesn't make you look cool in the eyes of your elders.... Makes you look ignorant, and by the way you replied, makes it look more like you're one of those modders..

Stumperud781

you are utterly stupid. you think just cuz they went out of their way to go against the TOS that they deserve to be rewarded for it? what kind of moronic thinking is that?

they deserve to get banned. since when should a Barrett .50 be able to shoot like an AR? combine that with all the CQC maps we have in this game, that makes this even MORE stupid.

what these developers SHOULD do, is put in some kind of recognition coding that would allow them to detect a modded controller. if that is even possible.

but to say that those people deserve their kills cuz they modded is beyond stupidity and boardering lunacy.

KT Phoenix

KTPhoenix wrote:

they deserve to get banned. since when should a Barrett .50 be able to shoot like an AR? combine that with all the CQC maps we have in this game, that makes this even MORE stupid.

I'd love to see them implement a knock-back system for sniper spam.

I.e, you get knocked back 4-6 feet after the first shot in rappid succession.

Or a system that damages the shooter. if firing more than 2 shots in rappid succession.

Keep the button down with a modded controller and you'll get knocked halfways back across the map, or get killed! That would be awesome.

Imagine a RL sniper trying to fire off a burst with a Barret 50 cal without a tri-pod.... His shoulder would be ripped to shreds

Stumperud781

But in real life soliders run with akimbo FM9s out in the open.

ghorman

Studios