Are modded controllers bannable?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

ghorman

Did a search with you and the word controllers and nothing came up. You got a link ?

starbuckfrack Level 72
Highlighted

At the end of the day, its up to the publisher.

Anyone that thinks it is hard to detect modded / rapid fire controllers is fooling themselves. They are the easiest "unfair advantage" to detect by leaps and bounds.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
nuttin2say

Funny thing is my chat came up with a different story than ghormans.

But I already know the policy that you can play an MS game all you want on live with a authorized licenced rapid fire controller without getting banned.

As I said though Game Developers like Activsion can ban you if they want.

Its funny so far the only link I can find from Ghorman on this issue contradicts what he says (as well as the chat from 30 minutes ago).

In Novemember Ghorman said "Not that I own one but MS has licensed turbo controllers for the Xbox 360.  So, people can use them on XBL but I don't agree with them.  The rapid fire issue now falls in the lap of the developers to put a hard fire rate limit in their games."

So I wonder why he changed his tune. Too bad the search function turns up nothing so far. I went BACK to chat with another MS Rep to see if a different answer would come up but I got the same rep as a half hour ago

Its possible that Ghormans chat post was removed by a moderator.

So ghorman can you do another chat ?

starbuckfrack Level 72

I'll search for it but I asked the same thing

ghorman

I know have the chat log in my google chat. I'll post that, have too love MS and the different answers.

ghorman

So, I couldn't find my old post for some reason but I did chat with XBL support this afternoon.  Once again they told me turbo triggers ARE bannable even if they are licensed ones.

All agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly. You are currently '3' in the queue.

Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Dianne'.

Scott: I want to know if using a MS Licensed turbo trigger controller online is bannable? I was told about a month ago the controllers are fine for offline play but bannable if used online because they give a clear advantage over others players. MS currently has a few turbo trigger controllers on the market.

Dianne: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Dianne. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Scott: Ok thanks

Dianne: Scott, I would be happy to answer your questions in regards to the Turbo Trigger control.

Dianne: Let me send you a link that has the Microsoft controllers that are licensed.

Dianne: Click here for Controllers

Scott: what about 3rd party controllers like MadCat they have turbo triggers

Dianne: Scott, unfortunately it would still be considered a modified controller that gives an unfair advantage and it would be in violation of the Terms of Use agreement.

Scott: I've trying to make a point on a forum about this so i want to be clear.

Scott: Even if the controller is Licensed or Support by MS if it has turbo triggers then it breaks the Term of Use and is bannable correct?

Scott: if used online

Dianne: That would be correct Scott any controller that is modded and creates an unfair advantage would be bannable.

Scott: Last question. There is a device called XIM3 which is a keyboard mouse interface for the xbox it that ok to use?

Scott: It allows you to play FPS just like having a keyboard and mouse hookup

Dianne: We really do not support any of the third party accessories. The question you need to ask yourself is does it create an unfair advantage or is it violating the terms of use or code of conduct agreement.

Scott: Ok thank you for your help.

Your chat transcript will be sent to ghorman@gmail.com at the end of your chat.

ghorman

yet more bs from the guy who puprosely admits he turns on his bit torrent traffic. before he starts mw3 in a attempt to "game" the lag system so he can always be so uber l33t .

so for those keeping score he admits quite openly to

network manipulation .. but if you ask him he just say you cant tell me how to use to my internet..    and to which no can but he purposely admits to turn everything he can on BEFORE he plays mw3 in an attempt to "alter" his upload download ping so he gets favorable help from the lag sytem on mw3 ..

also he openly  admits to pirating software . but dont ask him he will just say dowloading torrents is "normal household usage"  i guess that the new slang for piracy .. cause last time i checked the overwhelming majority of all torents are for pirated materials. , ie music movies, games.

and now he wants modded controllers.   bravo man you one fine  piece of work a pillar of honesty and integrity ..   lol lol

ooh also this all comes from a guy who is a xbox ambassador ..

at this point i would think most politicians have more intergrity than this guy ..

play right, play fair, play straight up.

scarebearr

I never said I wanted a mod controller but i do limit my upload to stop from being host. The game is unplayable for me if I'm host sorry. 

Edited: Not all torrets are pirated or protected by copy right laws.  You need to go back and re-read where I said modded controllers ARE bannable.  You are just making yourself look like an ass.  And limiting your connection is NOT cheating per one of the IW developers since you are keeping track but I assume you saw that thread.

scarebearr wrote:

yet more bs from the guy who puprosely admits he turns on his bit torrent traffic. before he starts mw3 in a attempt to "game" the lag system so he can always be so uber l33t .

so for those keeping score he admits quite openly to

network manipulation .. but if you ask him he just say you cant tell me how to use to my internet..    and to which no can but he purposely admits to turn everything he can on BEFORE he plays mw3 in an attempt to "alter" his upload download ping so he gets favorable help from the lag sytem on mw3 ..

also he openly  admits to pirating software . but dont ask him he will just say dowloading torrents is "normal household usage"  i guess that the new slang for piracy .. cause last time i checked the overwhelming majority of all torents are for pirated materials. , ie music movies, games.

and now he wants modded controllers.   bravo man you one fine  piece of work a pillar of honesty and integrity ..   lol lol

ooh also this all comes from a guy who is a xbox ambassador ..

at this point i would think most politicians have more intergrity than this guy ..

play right, play fair, play straight up.

ghorman

I have a modded controler, but i don't use it.

Hard to believe, yes., but it's true. It is a cheap way of getting kills, and IMO, a form of cheating.

The ONLY time I use it, is when I'm in a game and see someone else pwning with their mod cont.

I agree, it is an unfair advantage.

But to even the playing field.... I will use mine.

Sometimes it's the only way.

xscx-ranger

ghorman wrote:

So, I couldn't find my old post for some reason but I did chat with XBL support this afternoon.  Once again they told me turbo triggers ARE bannable even if they are licensed ones.

All agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly. You are currently '3' in the queue.

Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Dianne'.

Scott: I want to know if using a MS Licensed turbo trigger controller online is bannable? I was told about a month ago the controllers are fine for offline play but bannable if used online because they give a clear advantage over others players. MS currently has a few turbo trigger controllers on the market.

Dianne: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Dianne. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Scott: Ok thanks

Dianne: Scott, I would be happy to answer your questions in regards to the Turbo Trigger control.

Dianne: Let me send you a link that has the Microsoft controllers that are licensed.

Dianne: Click here for Controllers

Scott: what about 3rd party controllers like MadCat they have turbo triggers

Is the controller on the third party or the licenced controller page ? NO. Then it is not allowed. Hence the link.

Dianne: Scott, unfortunately it would still be considered a modified controller that gives an unfair advantage and it would be in violation of the Terms of Use agreement.

Scott: I've trying to make a point on a forum about this so i want to be clear.

Scott: Even if the controller is Licensed or Support by MS if it has turbo triggers then it breaks the Term of Use and is bannable correct?

Scott: if used online

Dianne: That would be correct Scott any controller that is modded and creates an unfair advantage would be bannable.

HENCE Her point that turbo triggers are MODIFIED . No mention there are rapid fire controllers. You are talking more like installing turbo triggers it seems. There I believe the REP takes that to mean modded triggers.

Scott: Last question. There is a device called XIM3 which is a keyboard mouse interface for the xbox it that ok to use?

Scott: It allows you to play FPS just like having a keyboard and mouse hookup

Dianne: We really do not support any of the third party accessories. The question you need to ask yourself is does it create an unfair advantage or is it violating the terms of use or code of conduct agreement.

Scott: Ok thank you for your help.

Your chat transcript will be sent to ghorman@gmail.com at the end of your chat.

AGAIN you didnt ask the right questions.

The MADKATZ controller is NOT LICENSED or AUTHORIZED then it is bannable.

She stated

So it is a MODIFIED controller.

Her statement

KEYWORD MODDED. You answered your own question. The MadKatz Controller with Turbo is NOT on the licenced pages.

Where anywhere in the Third Party Controller page OR her link did you see the Madkatz controller you mentioned ? No Where. Then it is NOT licenced.

The ONLY Madkatz Controller that is on those pages is a regualr fire controller. Hence NOT rapid fire.

starbuckfrack Level 72

Studios