Are modded controllers bannable?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Nunezapath wrote:

In my opinion they should definitely not be banned for doing that. Not only is it hard to detect, thus making banning them obsolete as there is usually no evidence but they actually went out of their own way to mod their controllers, they deserve those extra kills IMHO. I'm sick of noobs complaining, either put up with it, play locally and/or with friends or mod yours too. Peace out, hombre.

You are so absolutely wrong.  Because someone has modified their controller or purchased a modified one does not mean they deserve to use it, it is providing an unfair advantage to one player over another and that is not the purpose of this game.  There is plenty of evidence with theater and all the PVR's available to capture your gameplay, as well as programming that could be implemented to detect the fire rate.  I'm sure it's not difficult at all to determine when someone is shooting off an entire clip of the MK14 in a 1-2 second period, which just isn't human while strafing, dropping, aiming and all the other factors that come into play when encountering an enemy.

Don't you even dare call me a noob, you're the one in here with the misguided idea that just because someone purchased a way to cheat they earned the right to use it online.  It doesn't work that way.  Oh, and for the record I've got a 2.0 K/D, I know what I'm doing and am far from a noob.  Also, I finished out the whole game, but I have a right to complain when players are using cheats to provide themself with an unfair advantage.

xWARxCantStopMe
Highlighted

xWARxCantStopMe wrote:

Nunezapath wrote:

In my opinion they should definitely not be banned for doing that. Not only is it hard to detect, thus making banning them obsolete as there is usually no evidence but they actually went out of their own way to mod their controllers, they deserve those extra kills IMHO. I'm sick of noobs complaining, either put up with it, play locally and/or with friends or mod yours too. Peace out, hombre.

You are so absolutely wrong.  Because someone has modified their controller or purchased a modified one does not mean they deserve to use it, it is providing an unfair advantage to one player over another and that is not the purpose of this game.  There is plenty of evidence with theater and all the PVR's available to capture your gameplay, as well as programming that could be implemented to detect the fire rate.  I'm sure it's not difficult at all to determine when someone is shooting off an entire clip of the MK14 in a 1-2 second period, which just isn't human while strafing, dropping, aiming and all the other factors that come into play when encountering an enemy.

Don't you even dare call me a noob, you're the one in here with the misguided idea that just because someone purchased a way to cheat they earned the right to use it online.  It doesn't work that way.  Oh, and for the record I've got a 2.0 K/D, I know what I'm doing and am far from a noob.  Also, I finished out the whole game, but I have a right to complain when players are using cheats to provide themself with an unfair advantage.

Dont worry. On the subject of MODDED ones it is totally bannable in online play. Heck even if you opened your xbox to get out a stuck disk you violated policy, or even fixing the spring in yor controller that shifted can be a violation if caught.

Anyone who uses a modded or rapid fire controller anyway cant play the game well WITH them or WTHOUT them and you can tell who those players are.

But the biggest problem isnt really rapid fire or modded controllers as much. The biggest issue is a lot of people jump to yelling "modded controllers" way to much when they get shot.

I was just in a game of drop zone where people were yelling out some guy had a modded controller with his shotgun throughout the whole 3 games we played. I watched the videos on those games and the guy was just spamming shotguns shells almost everytime he ran around a corner. There was no pattern in there at all. The issue actually came down to the guys connectio was at 1 or 2 bars during the game and everytime he got near someone the firing would go crazy for both sides.

starbuckfrack Level 72

Thank you.  Wheres thr pleasure gained when your cheating.  The high of a good game is kicking ass because your good and gotten that way by logging in ***** loads of hours of gamin 😊

Ogyturk#3264492

Modded controls ARE bannable even the one licensed by MS.  I asked XBL support about it a month ago on the same issue.  The controllers are for offline play only and if they are used online they are bannable because they give an advantage.  If you don't believe me just start a chat session on xbox.com with support.

ghorman

ghorman wrote:

Modded controls ARE bannable even the one licensed by MS.  I asked XBL support about it a month ago on the same issue.  The controllers are for offline play only and if they are used online they are bannable because they give an advantage.  If you don't believe me just start a chat session on xbox.com with support.

There are no MODDED controllers authorized / licensed by MS. so you are iether mixing up your wording or didnt nswer the right question.

Of course MODDED controllers are not allowed online because modded hardware/ peripherals is a violation.

So di you ask about LICENSED / AUTHORIZED controllers in your chat ?

PS I am waiting in a chat line so I can answer the RIGHT question.

starbuckfrack Level 72

Modded or rapid fire both are bannable.  yes i ask about licensed controllers.  Do a search in the forums and you see my chat log with MS

ghorman

ghorman wrote:

Modded or rapid fire both are bannable.  yes i ask about licensed controllers.  Do a search in the forums and you see my chat log with MS

See my chat below. Shows you that authorized licensed controllers are NOT bannable by Microsoft.

But if you could link yours I bet you would see you probably didnt ask the right words.

starbuckfrack Level 72

So would you agree that those who used them by their own admission in Clan Ops should be banned?

tgsgho5t

Ghorman you are a well spring of knowledge. Thankyou for this gem. I am, to coin an Aussie phrase,

"Bloody pleased with that, old champion!"

gallp13

Here is a chat with an Xbox Rep. This is copied and pated and sort of out of order due to me doing 100 things at once... notice the words licenced , authorized and online.

You are now chatting with 'Fergus'.

ME:

(In the main box before Chat I typed...)

Need to know if using authorized/licensed rapid fire controllers on Xbox Live in online games are a violation.

Fergus: Hi there, while they are not disallowed from being used. They are frowned upon by the gaming community as they give the player a non-standard advantage over other users

Fergus: In short, it's ok to use them (myname)

ME: Thank you . I lost my original question and was wondering can you paste it here for me ?

Fergus: Need to know if using authorized/licensed rapid fire controllers on Xbox Live in online games are a violation.

ME: thank you. I knew it was OK and frowned upon but someone was asking me . I really appreciate it. Thanks

Fergus: No worries (myname), anything else I can help with?

ME: Of course any game developer can ban players for using authorized controllers in their game if they want to. Correct ?

Fergus: Yes, although that would be up to the individual developer/publisher. We ourselves at Xbox would not have any authority over issues of 3rd Party Bans, the best resolution would be to contact the developers/publishers in question

Fergus: Chances are he's using it for FPS, which either means BF3 or MW3 or Black Ops most of the time

Fergus: So tell him to check with Activision or EA

ME: I know but this is for posting your statement IN the MW3 forum for a player who was asking. So I can quote you on this chat. Is that OK with you ?

Fergus : That would be fine.

ME : Thanks

starbuckfrack Level 72

Studios