Call of Duty Elite Error PS3

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Call of Duty Elite Error PS3

Hi,

I can't launch my Elite because it asked me to update.

Once I clicked to update, it tells me that there is an error connecting to Playstation Store.

Has anyone encountered this?

Please provide me with solutions.

Thanks.

december_19
5 REPLIES

Re: Call of Duty Elite Error PS3

in reply to december_19

Yes i did. I closed Elite, logged on and then i updated.

weed-cobolt

in reply to december_19

If this keeps happening, I would recommend completely removing the ELITE app from your console, then redownload it from the Playstation Store. If you find that you keep receiving that error, you may need to contact Sony as the update for the app is delivered through the Playstation Store, which Activision does not have any control over.

Moderator Moderator

in reply to december_19

I'm in a similar boat. For the last four days I have not been able to get into Elite through my console. It keeps showing a message that an update is required, but keeps directing me to download the same version, receiving no update, and thus creating the same problem cycle each time. I've rebooted, relogged in and still keep getting the same results.

I read another post where some one mentioned trying to log onto the Elite ap without going through the game, or going to the playstation store to look for the update. I'm going to try those ideas to see if one works. Good luck!

JHDM333

in reply to JHDM333

Update on my problem:

I opened up Elite through the console, not the game like I had been doing, downloaded the update and was successful. I can now access Elite through the MW3 or by it self. Wish I would have thought of that sooner, guess I'm getting slow in my old age....

Hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.

JHDM333

in reply to JHDM333

Yes, this menthod totally works. Thanks guys for helping.

december_19

Studios