Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Info...

in reply to fourzerotwo

from a competetive cod pc gamers' view, to make us 100% happy you need to give us 1) good maps without lot of decals and grass so it fits competetive fps game, 2) good engine that's not heavy on PCs, 3) dedi servers, 4) lean 5)mod tools 6) rich weapon variety 7) big lan events across the world.

from what i see in mw3 you will offer us the good engine, plenty weapons and dedi servers. still a lot will be missing to make this game replace the mighty COD4PROMOD on PC!!!

however ppl will buy it just for casual play anyway so you will still earn, but at least a step forward from MW2. Maybe next time!

j6k4

Sorry bud I would cross dedi off that list.  unranked by draw a crowd sometimes, but to reach out and play with more then 13 people in a week they need RANKED dedicated servers.

drizzintahl

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive ...

in reply to fourzerotwo

This is VERY disappointing, Robert. How can you do this to us? You mislead the entire community from the beginning, implying there would be dedicated servers, implying the PC platform would be taken seriously once again. YOU LIED. That's the bottom line.

How are you going to say that, then turn around and take away things like max fps, RANKED dedicated servers, and then toss in host advantage/match-making and force us to play in lobbies to rank up.

I will still buy this game. But you mislead us and tried to pull a smooth one. Ugh.

peinsoleet

in reply to fourzerotwo

Great info from 402; however, I cancelled my PC pre-order on Steam because the dedicated servers are UNRANKED. I was going to cancel soon if we got no additional info anyway. This is extremly disappointing! I do still have my Hardened edition on the Xbox to look forward to, but I love PC gaming . Unranked servers just don't cut it...

streetballer23

in reply to fourzerotwo

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice trying to hide the answer to one of the most asked questions Robert .....

"

Does Modern Warfare 3 on PC support an in-game Server Browser? Can you also use matchmaking?

Yes! In addition to the public matchmaking system for finding Ranked public games, you can use the in-game server browser to find and favorite unranked Dedicated Servers to join, which can be filtered by a number of options mentioned above."

WTF is that? So, What you are telling us is we have to rank on some ones residential internet ?  thats just plan poor or downloading 1000 torrents, lagswitching , aussie hosts and US players in the same game? can't kick,ban cheaters in ranked matches? You and i and every one else knows VAC DOSN"T WORK!!!!!!!! Whats that ? i hear a noise . Oh , thats just the alteriw.net team fixing your mess ups again.

WalterWhiite

in reply to fourzerotwo

wow.... can't level up on dedicated servers? what the HELL was the point in bringing them back?

you promised a CoD4-like experience, what happened there?

dissapointed man.

Rekuja

in reply to fourzerotwo

Call of Duty is dead on the PC. Thanks for ruining a decent PC shooter. This WILL be the last Call of Duty on PC. I'm going on record!!!!!

Oh and the same system requirements as Black Ops. Nice state of the art graphics. Oh boy, I can play on my 4 year old computer. Booooooooooooooo Hissssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

BigFeet13

in reply to fourzerotwo

The only question most of us wanted answering is the one that was'nt answered in this post, we need to know how the ranked/unranked system works on dedicated system, can we rank up on an unranked dedicated and those same ranks transfer over to the p2p match making.

Thanks for clearing up all the other questions though we needed just a little more clarification on the finer points, its greatly appreciated Robert.

Thanks

Gromit69

in reply to Gromit69

"can we rank up on an unranked dedicated and those same ranks transfer over to the p2p match making"

Are you serious? The answer is in your question...

AK27own

in reply to AK27own

Oh dear, you do realise there two types of unranked dont you.

Unranked servers can mean.

being able to rank up on dedicated servers but your stats not being tracked by CoD elite like they would through match making.

or god forbid no ranking up at all in any way shape or form.

Gromit69

Studios