Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

wow really? way to ruin this game before it's even out. I will be cancelling my pre order.... Watch how many drops in PC pre orders you get becasue of your post now...

NO LEAN?? really....

NO SETTING MAX FPS??? really...

NO MOD TOOLS???

[Removed by Moderator]

I will never buy any of your games again.

STRE3TZ

STRE3TZ wrote:

wow really? way to ruin this game before it's even out. I will be cancelling my pre order.... Watch how many drops in PC pre orders you get becasue of your post now...

NO LEAN?? really....

NO SETTING MAX FPS??? really...

NO MOD TOOLS???

[Removed by Moderator]

I will never buy any of your games again.

Well I don't see how dedicated server can make a game, but it is bad if true. Remember the whole LAN thing. There was a huge backlash, and then later LAN was confirmed. It's possible for SH/IW to be patching the ability of ranked DSs. So it might still be confirmed.

Dexter1992

For the 3rd year in a row... So, 402, you are telling us that:

we can't level/rank up (progress) on a unranked dedicated server?

You're telling us we have to be forced to play IWNET all over again?

You're telling us that dedicated servers are 18 players?

Tell me this: What is the point of dedicated servers? This isn't anything like Call Of Duty 4 at all. Why is it so hard to give us what we need? Why are we forced to play in a console styled box here?

All we asked for is ranking up 1, 2, 3, etc (we don't have to be tied to leaderboards, leave that to IWNET matchmaking)

32 Players on DEDICATED Servers (WTH is a Ground War?)

Good Anti-Cheat System and Tools

These are the basics - FIRST. They are the most important to return to the CoD4 way, or we're just better off playing actual CoD4. You guys always want to get people hyped up and then pull the tricks at the end and it's always a few weeks before release.

I don't want to buy MW2 and I don't want to buy Black Ops. I want to continue buying and playing the TRUE dedicated server way that ended with CoD4/WaW.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
PDE_PaulKersey

no....iwnet again...............no please.............all my hypes are in the trash now........

mantis1

This system is seriously perfect. Please ignore all the people raging at this system, they will rage at anything given the chance. To all the people who are saying that dedicated servers need to be ranked, you are probably the same people that were complaining about boosters last year. Imagine how big of a problem that would be if two 13 year olds could create their own dedicated server put a password on it and continuesly headshot eachother for hours.

Instead with this system features such as elite can still be integrated into the game given the legitimacy of matchmaking type games. Infinity ward you have done an amazing effort on this game. I was legitimately bummed out when i heard mw3 would have dedicated servers this year as I am personally not a fan of that type of matchmaking as it removes the party system entirely. However what mw3 has done so well is given options to the player. I am able to play dedicated servers as well as p2p depending on my preference and elite can still be integrated into the game which was another concern I had given the addition of dedicated servers.

tommygun007508

i dont know if you are an hardcore gamer or not, but if you were i dont think you were supporting matchmaking type system cause when you play with 150 -200 ping cause the host is 2000 km away from you, you dont call that fair game because you get killed by complete noobs only cause they see you one quarter hour before you see them. i own a clan in italy on mw2 playing since 2009, we always play with 150 ping and more and we still menage to win when we have ONE red ping bar and the other have FULL green ping bars, so we are a little tired and we would like to play with 40 ping, so dont tell me this is PERFECT pls...

mantis1

tommygun007508 Go and play with bowling on Xbox. you have no idea what you are talking about . WE dont want to rank on some shity unregulated residential internet . I also dont want to play S&d with a bunch of tryhard n00bs with grenade launchers and dual machine pistols and all the other crap people use cuz they can't shoot. Oh will have a barebones playlist screw that no is ever in those . The barbones servers in blops are almost always full there is only a few but we know where they are and connect to them with out a 6hour wait with iwnet.

WalterWhiite

I admit I was looking at it from an Australian point of view where it is much easier to find a non-laggy game almost instantly. And for that reason dedicated servers dont seem so bad to me. However in you situation I understand your frustration that you cant find a game as easily. But there IS dedicated servers so your clan can play on lag free versions of those if you choose to buy them. All I was saying is I like the fact that MW3 gives us options to choose how we want to play.

tommygun007508

I swear I think this is an IW employee...

I don't care what two 13 year olds do! I don't! I don't care about who has no-life boosting! I play PC so I don't have to play the Xbox 360 way. These dedicated servers are useless because the system still forces you to use laggy *** IWNET to progress. ELITE could still be done for Matchmaking but don't ruin servers. Non-progressing servers forces players to play IWNET again. I was only here because IW claimed we would have dedicated servers like CoD4 and they only did this to lead us on 2-3 weeks before the release - as Treyarch did with Black Ops - as IW has first done with MW2.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
PDE_PaulKersey

Well because of this crap with the non ranked dedicated servers my whole clan of 100+ members as we are, in more than 4 countries around Europe have said we are not buying this game.

We play on the PC so that we don't have to use a P2P system, like the console users have and pc gamers have had to use with MW2.

We tried MW2 and could not game properly with each other because of the lag and also because of the fact that we couldn't kick cheaters, or rank up in the private matches.

Got to love how IW/SHG said the servers will be like the cod 4 servers and now 2 week's before the release they crap on us by saying, oh you can run a dedi server but it's gonna be pointless because you cannot rank up on them.

Guess we now have to rely on Treyarch to make a game that we will want to play as IW/SHG are not interested in actually supporting the pc players.

No ranked dedi servers

No change of FPS limit

No lean
Forced to play on P2P connections

Forced to play on AlterIWnet to get a fair game if they manage to get ranking working on dedi servers but then we get vac banned.

Forced to use a anti cheat system that doesn't pick up cheats, but only picks up someone who plays on AlterIWnet or edit's there config file to show the fps or lag-o-meter etc.

Well done IW/SHG on killing one of the great franchises on the pc.

Battlefield 3 win's this year hands down on the pc platform because atleast they understand what pc gamers want.

wierd worlds are#8701612

Studios