Call of Duty gives me "battered wife syndrome", how about you?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Almost every time I play Call of Duty I seem to get really angry, usually from dying.  I'll be playing for a while and then I'll have a couple of what I feel are b.s. deaths in a row and I start to get mad and it just snowballs from there.  It gets to the point where I want to throw my controller and I stop playing.  Then I tell myself that I'm never going to play the game again.  Why play the game if it makes me so angry?  But then there I am the next day playing it again. 

Is anyone else like this, and what is it that keeps bringing me back?  I don't play with a lot of people so it's not like that's what keeps making me play.  I feel like the game is a drug in a way.  I want to experience that "high" of doing really well when you just go on a rush and are almost invincible for a short time.  But in order to get that "high" I have to put up with the extreme lows as well.

HEKTiC1
8 REPLIES 8

I hear ya. I have gotten so angry over nothing that I have thrown my $90 headset...twice...My wife just looks at me and says..."Feel better". Lol. There are some good times to be had, but like you said..."You have to put up with some lows" I think I keep going back so I can get to the next prestige, even though I have said I am probably not going to do it again. Lol. That and I work swings, so there is not much else to do when kids are at school wife is at work.

jwaller123

LMAO I feel both you, the pain man wish sometimes it was a person I could choke the shit out it

Madthought62

The game prey's on your competitive nature.  I think you're like me  and you probably need an intervention. 

It's like the ring from Lord of the Rings.  I think I need someone to just eject the disc from my xbox and crack it and half.  Because I can't do it.  "My precious..."

Deleted User

Well... the worst part is that I got the game for my birthday last year and I decided I had enough and traded it in.  And then I bought it again.  So I probably do need help...

HEKTiC1

I'm competitive with CoD, but I never really get angry. I rage alot out of humor to make my friends laugh, but the most I ever get is annoyed.

Noob_Lyncher

This game makes me pissed off at times, but not because of how other people are playing, its the complete frustration of knowing you're fighting lag, not other people.

mufdasampson

Why did you have to use the unpolitically correct "battered wife syndrome" ?

How about battered pets, battered husbands, battered second cousins, battered blind dates, and battered chicken in a white wine sauce .

BTW battered blind dates is usually justified

starbuckfrack Level 72

Agreed, easy to get annoyed with this game, I think 99% of the problem for me is the connection.

If players are better than me, thats fine. Nothing better than getting spanked by a lord, might even learn something.

For me the best way to manage it is to realise when your connection/lag is not going to allow you to have a fair game, and back out and try and get a game with a better connection. And lately, if that fails, fire up BLOPs and try that.

xblbw

Studios