Clan Ops: Platinum Badge

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Currently with the clan ops, there is too little separation. Gold seems too easy to obtain and red seems a bit on the extreme boosting side of the fence. But where is the area to aim for that really shows we play well?

That's where I think the Platinum Badge would come into play. Platinum would only be achieved by being inside of the top 3%. Currently, those that came VERY close to Red badge get the same as those that just got gold or barely made gold. That hardly seems sporting imo. Being amongst the very top performers is something to be proud of. Frankly, 10% margin is just not enough separation imo.

So how would you guys feel about adding the Platinum badge with a reward of 1750 clan xp for the top 3%?

JSlayer211
32 REPLIES 32

The true fix would be to make bronze only account for the top 50% of clans participating. The only reason Gold is so easy is because so many clans accept the ops without actually doing them. By making bronze not count as a participation medal, more clans would actually have to do the Clan Ops to get the 250 XP, which would create more competition.

TheBeastlyDude

That still doesn't justly reward those at the top of the ladder. It would create more competition at the bottom. But those that did exceedingly well would still get the same as those at the bottom of that 10% range. I'm not really concerned about the clans that are complacent at the bottom of the roster, but those that are striving for the top spot and recognition as top dogs. Hell I soloed a clan op once and got gold. That doesn't mean that myself and the no 2 ranked clan should receive the same recognition and reward, but that's what happens.

JSlayer211

The thing is, the clans that are truly competitive are meant to go after the champions badge. Cheating is a disqualifying offense and if those teams that get the champion's badge really are cheating, they are supposed to be disqualified and won't get any points. I do believe they are also subject to having their members stats reset as well as having their clan reset if they get caught cheating. Now, I know and have heard this time and time again. The clan who gets the champion badge are boosters and they cheat. Problem is, we hear this, but we never see any proof of them cheating. If you had proof and reported these clans, they'd be reset and would probably be barred from competing in Clan Ops for a while if not forever.

Now sure, maybe this would cause them to just create a new clan, but they'd still be easily recognized as they'd not be able to change accounts without paying 50 dollars to get Elite again. So, I think your answer isn't getting a badge for the top 3%. I think it is making it your goal to find these boosting clans and reporting them so that they get banned and reset. These clans won't get punished unless some one shows proof when reporting them. If this starts happening, the not boosting teams will all have a shot at the champions badge if they are good enough and the system will work the way it is intended.

Now also, here is my other problem with this system. You see teams that are just on the cusp of being able to make it to a new teir. So they boost a little to get the numbers they need to make say, silver instead of bronze, gold instead of silver. You create this new teir, and that's all that will happen as well. Not to mention that because this teir is even more exclusive, I could see you coming back and wanting another teir because Platinum and Champions Badges all go to boosting teams.

Now, for those who think that every team who signs up shouldn't get bronze, who cares. If they make it so easy for you to get Gold, then why complain about it. If they make it top 50% get bronze, that will make it harder on you to get your precious gold, and once again, you'll start complaining about how to new system hurts your clan because you can't get gold anymore. Everything should just stay as is.

SoG_Hanix_PC

80% of this post had absolutely nothing to do with the original post or idea.

I don't login to the game to hunt down abusers/cheaters/modders/hackers or anything else and report it. I login to have fun playing clan ops with my friends. If I want another job, I will go apply for one. I will happily trade this game for $0.10 if it means me having to spend my time doing what you mentioned.

Sorting out the boosters is IW or someone else's job, not mine.

My aim isn't to cut out the small struggling clans at the bottom of the ladder. It's to recognize and reward those at the top of the ladder.

There will be no need for further badge additions if platinum is added. So stop trying to make this into a rainbow of badges thing. Limiting the game b/c of boosters is asanine. Don't add another tier b/c people will try to boost to get it? We can't live like this. If they boost they risk their whole clan being caught, banned, and reset. Then I get to have another laugh as I see some "I don't know why I got banned..." thread pop up.

I don't think you understand how broad the gap is from say no.2 rank's score and say the last clan in the gold rank's score. You could go about increasing competition by erasing those that don't do so well at the bottom, but this just limits the amount of clans that would even attempt the clan ops in the first place. Clan B has 2 people and decide not to even try b/c now there is not chance for them to even place, gets bored and quit the game. See where this goes? Versus Clan A getting Gold consistently, now have a desire to step their game up and play even better b/c it isn't an all or nothing between gold and red.

I would wager to say that 95% of the clans that received a gold badge neither thought they could get red badge or even tried to get red badge. I really believe this would give clans added incentive to play better and compete harder. Not your idea of wiping several clans from the chances of competiting at all. Casual clans have a place in the community just like red badge clans.

JSlayer211

I love being dismissed like that. My point is this. You make the Platinum Badge and have it be say, 1500 XP or something. Well, those same people who claim they should be champion if it weren't for the 25 clans in front of them that are obviously boosting will be saying the same thing when they don't get the Platinum Badge. If Boosters are the real problem, what makes you think that making a new badge and award will solve the problem? In fact, this more or less rewards the boosters who didn't get the champion badge. While your heart might be in the right place, and would be nice in an ideal world with ideal players who don't boost; the problem, as you have stated is boosters and a pretty little Platinum Badge won't solve it. Only reporting those boosters will.

SoG_Hanix_PC

This thread was NEVER MEANT TO BE ABOUT BOOSTERS. I never said those at the top were boosting, just said their numbers SEEM to give that impression. I am not here to fling crap at anyone's clan or call them something I have no proof of. I am just saying there should be something to recognized the highly skilled clans in the upper bracket instead of Gold Badge which encompasses too large of a spectrum.

I have already explained fully how I feel about reporting boosters. THIS IS A GAME PLAYED FOR FUN AND ENJOYMENT, NOT A SECOND JOB. IM NOT SPENDING MY LEISURE TIME TO TRACK/HUNT/REPORT BOOSTERS.

GETTING RID OF THE LOWER SCORING CLANS MAKES GOLD HARDER TO GET BUT DECREASES GAMING INTEREST AND MAKES THE GAME LOSE PLAYERS WHO CANNOT DEVOTE LARGE AMOUNTS OF TIME TO CLAN OPS.

Sorry for the caps but I feel like I'm having to repeat the same things over and over and over and over again.

JSlayer211

And my point is this, making another badge will cause more pointless topics like this one. I've seen calls for clans and their members to be banned and reset. You have your opinion and I have mine. What I hear is you complaining because you and your clan aren't good enough to get the champions badge, but you want to be rewarded anyways. You say you're clan isn't good enough to get champions badge because it seems the top teams boost. This is what's wrong with society today. Everyone thinks they should get a big shiny trophy, even if they finish last. Simple fact of the matter is that there are winners and there are losers; deal with it. If you want more XP, be better and help your clan get better, and win the champions badge. If you don't want to do that, then you shouldn't get more than a 1000 XP.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Your point is moot. If you think Red Badge is a winner and Rank 2 is a loser then I have nothing further to say to you as it's a wasted effort on you. I feel like I should have prefaced this discussion with "You have to have an IQ above 55 to post here."

That upper echelon of competitors should be recognized a bit more distinctly. THE GOLD MEDAL SPECTRUM ENCOMPASSES TOO LARGE OF A GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS. I don't know how much simpler I can make that for you to understand. Average clan op lately, gold is Rank 2 to 3,100. Really? You think no. 2 and 3,100 should be in the same bracket? You sound like one of those 3,098 clans that wants to look good by saying you got gold even though you squeaked in on the very very tail end of the competition.

I'm satisfied with my clan's progression throughout the clan ops.

Increased competition without loss of players can never be a bad thing. Only the people that can only muster gold would be sad as they are no longer top dogs. Sounds like you need to step your game up and get ready for the challenge of not only red badging but platinum badge as well. Think you are up for it? I don't.

Btw, I want it to be more DIFFICULT to be recognized as the top of the leaderboards by highlighting those that achieved much higher scores. You want everyone to get gold, seems like you are the one that thinks everyone should get the shiney trophy here. While I want to raise the bar, you want to keep it low. Get a grip kid.

JSlayer211

Really, saying I have an IQ under 55. So, you're calling me mentally handicapped and a child; awesome. I love how calling some one stupid and child for disagreeing with you is what passes for ordinary these days. Then you call me and my clan horrible and we just can't compete with the best; OMG, you've so totally hurt me with such insensitive words. I have no idea how I'll recover from such a malicious attack on my gaming skills. How will I ever move on and live with myself. Oh, yeah, pretty easy.

See, knowing you're good should be good enough. I am sorry if you need some shiny little badge to make yourself feel special. I am content with the XP my clan gets for Clan Ops and guess what, I'd be stoked if we got Red, but I could really care less because guess what, I can't put Clan Leader of a Champion Badge holding Clan on my job resume. This is a friggin game, get over yourself and your "SKILLS" and just play and have fun. So what if you don't get 2500 XP for being Champion, you still get a 1000 XP for being in the top 10 Percent. You want praise for being top 3 or top 5, to me that cries out as wanting a consulation prize for being next to best. Does the team that lose the Super Bowl get the parade the following week; hell no, they go back to the drawing board because they lost. Sure, they might be better than the teams that didn't make it there, but they still didn't win, which means they aren't the winner. If to you, that means I am calling you and everyone else a loser, then so be it, that's your issue.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Studios