Clan Ops: Platinum Badge

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Here's my point JSlayer211,

Let's say for arguement sake that 100 clans signed up for the clan op and that only 50 of those clans actually actively participated in the clan op.

Those 50 clans that did nothing already received Bronze now.

Back to the 50 that did the clan op, only the top 11-25 clans would get silver. 2-10 would get gold. 1 champion badge.

Now if we got rid of those who don't participate and only those 50 clans participated, 13-25 would get bronze, 6-12 would get silver, 2-5 would get gold and 1 the championship badge.

So getting rid of the clans who don't partake in the Op would make Gold harder to get and thus no need to recognize the top 3%.

TheBeastlyDude

Clans that don't participate get 0XP. You have to have a non-zero score to even get the 250XP.

Bigdaddyhammer

We've been over that; there are far too few clan ops as it is just now, most of which aren't even playable outwith the USA, seeing as how most are at 2am.

Making it 50% would discourage many small clans from even bothering, and they certainly wouldn't buy ELiTE again.

I for one am not asking my clan to get up at 2am on a work night, just to slave for 3 hours, not get enough sleep, then find out that we missed out on bronze due to cheaters.

When you have alot of clan ops for every time zone, then yes, make it 50%, but until then, make it so everyone has a chance eh?

Not to mention that, if you get gold and I get bronze, why should it matter to you? thats your choice to play for gold; there isn't even a leaderboard for God sake, there is NO competition.

dstr001

I think this is a good idea. Not sure what the percentage should be, be it top 3% or 5%, but I think something separating the top from the "bottom of the top", so to speak would be nice. I know our clan has come in the top 3% a couple of times and it would certainly make it more competitive for everyone. I know we've gotten gold a number of times without really working that hard.

I think, like OP said, only adding another award section would work, rather than removing one.

Bigdaddyhammer

Not a bad idea. A better one though would be to make these ops based on something that requires teamwork

CowboySr

Easier said than done. Finding a criteria to do that would be almost impossible imo without it being terribly broken. Ex. Clan Ops by TDM wins, clan runs 6 parties in 6 different games to optimize their chances of wins. People get thrown into losing matches, etc. etc.

Right now, I am not thinking to save the world of MW3. Just to add an aspect that will make things more interesting and fun.

JSlayer211

TDM -6 parties in 6 dif games- isnt this the point? Its still is gonna take the top 6 peoples scores(wins). but at least youll want to play together unlike the way it is now where everyone cant get 25+kills a round in a game that goes to 75.

I say make all modes based on wins rather than the way it is now. That or find a way to track +/- stats. Its really not a difficult concept- track things that promote winning and teamwork- thats it. Its the opposite of that for every mode right now.

CowboySr

Wins would definitely help encourage teamwork.

Right now it makes more sense for each clan member to play lone wolf in different matches to get a higher aggregate scores. No team work required for kill based competition.

Even with wins as unit of measure, small squads could still be  effective with randoms across multiple matches simultaneously. If it was match & win based, clan ops might lean even more toward team play.

CTRL-S

I don't think a win based system is better than current. I can see your point of view, I just don't agree with it.

When I said 6 parties in 6 different games, I meant breaking up a group that would otherwise run together to spread out and get more wins. One could argue that if playing together they may win more but that's no guarantee. Yes, it still only counts the top six, but think of how big of a hinderance this would be to smaller clans that don't have the luxury of top six. They may only have 2-6 players on for clan ops. Tracking by wins, when people are thrown into losing matches or ditching matches once they realize they cannot win would seem like a quitting festival imo.

There would be an insane amount of join in progress losses from this style of clan op. Let alone, difficult to finish matches b/c everyone that is losing would quit and try their luck at a different match. It sounds good in concept but the drawbacks seem worse to me than the current setup. When it's based on kills in TDM, I don't care if my team wins or loses. I'm playing until the end b/c I know that my efforts will still make an impact. When you are in a match that is riddled with host migrations b/c of quitting and also facing overwhelming odds of a 6v2 style of play, the game becomes a LOT less fun.

But I really made this thread to get opinions on my idea. Not the ideas of others. Feel free to make another thread. I just kind of would like people to focus on the Platinum Tier for this thread please.

JSlayer211

Any team that has a better chance of splitting up to get wins shouldnt be a clan at all. Im not gonna even believe you are being serious here. Clans without a top 6 are not really participating anyway.  The games already a quitting festival, so whats the difference. Maybe track  not only wins, but give a time bonus multiplier so that even participators get something. Like 3x time bonus for winner, 1x time bonus for loser. That way if you quit, you get nothing. Lose, you get something, just not as much.

Kind of a rude ending to your statement, and despite what you want, I'll say what I want, where I want, and when I want, as this is an open forum.

CowboySr

Studios