Clan Ops: Platinum Badge

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

So you want a pretty new badge, we get it.

fair enough OP. Here you go:

Adding yet another tier / badge doesn't fix the real problems:

Units of measure are not teamwork oriented, unless you're a booster.

Ops  are not Timezone friendly.

Old school PGL or OGL leagues had it right. ELITE made this way more difficult than it should be.

CTRL-S

I know this post is outside the subject of the OP, but isn't the one of the main problems with the clan ops the time they are offered. I live in Nashville, TN and we are on central time zone. I play on PS3 and the times for our clan ops are as follows:

Friday (1-4)

Saturday (5-8)

Sunday (1-4)

if you were to compare that to some of the overseas players that is some absurd times to be playing for example:

Hong Kong:

Saturday (2am-5am)

Sunday (6am-9am)

Monday (2am-5am)

My clan consists of 11 memembers (10 Premium) and we are not the best but I know that we could probably compete for the gold badge every clan op, unfortunately because of the times we settle for the bronze because we all have jobs and families to spend time with.

I believe you should be able to pick what time you want to start the clan op during a 24 hour window. The window starts at 12:01am (local time) and ends at 11:59pm (local time). once you start the op you have 3 hours to finish it you can't break it up over the 24 hour period.

Maybe if this type of system was implemented that would encourage more clans to actually participate and you wouldn't have to worry about having a Platinum Badge.

JacksDaddy07

I have several problems with your post.

1. Xbox 360 forum, you are on PS3. Our times aren't even the same as yours. Wrong place, wrong topic.

2. Your suggestion is a complete overhaul of the whole clan ops system. Do you really think IW will spend that kind of money to rebuild clan ops from the ground up? They barely got it off the ground as it is.

3. The delay between actually completing the clan ops and seeing the results would be ridiculously long. Having to monitor all the games from all the different time frames and clans would prove to be a very difficult task.

4. More clans participating only increases the disparity between the no. 2 and last gold ranked clan. Instead of being rank 2 in a class of 3,000 golds, you become 2 in a class of 10,000 golds. That only serves to cheapen the gold achievement. You would DEFINITELY need another tier with your system if the competition were to increase as you think it would.

The whole point of this suggestion is to really highlight the cream of the crop. Give these clans a really feasible goal to achieve for excellence that isn't a 1 in 30,000 chance.

JSlayer211

1.)Hes pointing out there are bigger problems then a platinum badge.

2.) IW has nothing to do with clan ops Beachhead is in charge of that and youd better believe theyyre gonna change that as its an annually reoccurring membership they will continue to earn money on if they straighten out problems like this that hes pointing out.

3.) If they did it the way hes suggesting they could insert a time start link accessed thru elite that allows you to start whenever you want. Set 3 hour windows to be played on one specific day. I can wait a day if its based on something that makes sense.

4.)I dont think it would increase the number of clan enlistments as much as allow people that have lives on the weekend help support their group when its reasonable for them.

I still like the idea of platinum, but again what is being pointed out is that right now the bigger issue is that the way in which you achieve the ops is so meaningless, that the medals are meaningless as well.

CowboySr

basically, this:

CowboySr wrote:

.. what is being pointed out is that right now the bigger issue is that the way in which you achieve the ops is so meaningless, that the medals are meaningless as well.
CTRL-S

*sigh* I don't really care about how you guys would totally revamp the whole clan ops system. What he is suggesting would be about six months down the road at best. A badge would take less than a day to implement.

Sure there are LOTS of great ideas, but let's discuss mine in my thread. Not all the ways we could completely overhaul the system to run better.

My suggestion= minor tweak that can make a big impact on player competition.

Other suggestion= huge undertaking to remodel clan ops.

You guys can say BH will do whatever you like, but we all know these online games have a shelf life with the next one always hot around the corner. I just really hate it when people spam perfectly good threads with offtopic bs to push their ideas down the throats of every thread they come in contact with.

Seems like every thread no matter the topic ends with someone discussing lag comp, broken weapons, etc. This is easily one of the most poorly modded forums I have been on in a LONG time.

So all the people that want to discuss how they can rebuild the game mechanics better and their suggested clan ops, please pretty please make a thread for it so we can discuss it for the .05 seconds that it would last.

This thread has been so badly derailed I highly doubt anyone even remembers the topic.

Just a FYI, the more complex, difficult to implement, and costly your solutions are, the less likely it will ever come to pass.

JSlayer211

Ok lets try this.    My car doesnt run and I have a date with Blake Lively tonight,  so I'd like to replace my fuel pump, but you want to spend it on spinning rims. 

CowboySr

You are doing it wrong.

That's a terrible analogy as the car (clan ops) in this situation is running, just needs some tuning up which is what I am suggesting. In comparison to other suggestions to replace the engine instead of the tune up.

JSlayer211

No the car is broken as is in the "way" in which clan ops is tracked. The analogy was not in reference to clan ops was tracking "at all".  You are in the minority if you think a tweak is all thats needed for clan ops to be meaningful.

CowboySr

since this post is strictly about badges and you want them to implement a Platinum badge to seperate out the top gold from the bottom gold. Then I want them to implement a Emerald Badge to seperate out the top bronze from the bottom bronze. I only get bronze medal cause they offer the clan ops at terrible times to actually get to sit down and particpate therefore I play long enough for the game to count. First thing they need to to do fix the clan ops in general.

JacksDaddy07

Studios