Disc Read Error (PS3)

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

This is annoying the hell out of me. It started a few days ago. I start a MP game and with in a game or 2 the screen goes black and goes back to main menu with a box saying disc read error !!! Cant find a solution to this anywhere on the net and it seems to be happening to alot of people. Other games work fine apart from MW3. I think it started happening after the last update on MW3...Does anybody know what is going on ?... Thanks

p3t3_b
10 REPLIES 10

I've been getting this too. Really annoying in the middle of games. Disc is clean. Any thoughts support??

admiral_basil78

Bump

admiral_basil78

Get you a DVD cleaner. I got one from Best Buy for $20 but it was worth it. I don't have that problem anymore.

Nugatu

I will do this anyhoo though i don't think this is the problem. It doesn't happen on any other game or dvd i have and only started after the last patch. (along with 'server connection timed out').

Plus there are multiple other people having the same problem. Unless we all have grubby fingers.

admiral_basil78

Bump. Does elite help exist anymore?

admiral_basil78

I have experienced the black screen and DISC READ ERROR as well as freezes since july 2012 update...i talked to activision and sony 5 times and they told me to send in ps3 or get a new disc...my ps3 is a year old and a new disc didnt solve the issue. I am proud to announce A FIX....go to game data utility not saved data utility and uninstall everything...this takes off all the updates and DLC from all your games...then restore the file system through ps3 secret menu...then... IMPORTANT: ONLY install MW3...try that out for a day...if that solved the issue i suggest installing other games 1 at a time...after each install check mw3 to see if it is still problem free by playing an hour or so each time...if it starts doing DISC READ ERROR again uninstall the most recent game data utility. Before i done this i couldnt play for 5 minutes without error...now i've been playing 5 hours in total each day for 3 days now and still no error...i'm thinking sony's newest firmware update didnt agree with 1 or more updates on my game data utility...crazy...anyway...i hoped this helped...if u have any questions hit me back...i'll check the forum 2morrow. WHO'S THE MAN????

DISASTER80proof1

I have experienced the black screen and DISC READ ERROR as well as freezes since july 2012 update...i talked to activision and sony 5 times and they told me to send in ps3 or get a new disc...my ps3 is a year old and a new disc didnt solve the issue. I am proud to announce A FIX....go to game data utility not saved data utility and uninstall everything...this takes off all the updates and DLC from all your games...then restore the file system through ps3 secret menu...then... IMPORTANT: ONLY install MW3...try that out for a day...if that solved the issue i suggest installing other games 1 at a time...after each install check mw3 to see if it is still problem free by playing an hour or so each time...if it starts doing DISC READ ERROR again uninstall the most recent game data utility. Before i done this i couldnt play for 5 minutes without error...now i've been playing 5 hours in total each day for 3 days now and still no error...i'm thinking sony's newest firmware update didnt agree with 1 or more updates on my game data utility...crazy...anyway...i hoped this helped...if u have any questions hit me back...i'll check the forum 2morrow. WHO'S THE MAN????

DISASTER80proof1

i have the same problem did everything delated everything had no problem till i downloaded the new update 1.21 that is the problem dont understand it worked fin till i had to add 1.21 verzion im done with mw3 getting ready to sell my ps3 and all games and buy something diffrent it only does it on mw3 but sick of dealing with it i have so much money in my ps3 and online elite and map packs for other game was going to get the new black ops 2 but not now if they are haveing this much problems i dont even want it or my ps3 anymore

chadjp29

i just went through the only other game on my ps3 was midnightclub los angels i deleated it and my game came on tring it now to see if it works will post later

chadjp29

Studios