Does K/D mean you're a good player?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I say alone it doesn't. I consider myself a above averge player not MLG but better then the average player. I also think what weapon you use matters. For example it's not hard to get a good K/D while using something like the ACR or MP7. I myself have a 1.79 K/D (which i don't give a rats ass about) and a wining percent of 73% (909 wins and 341 loses). My top 5 killing guns are: 5. G36C, 4. AA-12, 3. SCAR-L, 2. USAS-12, 1. SPAS-12. KSG is also a close 6th. If you wanna look more to make sure i'm not lying or something which a lot of people tend to do on here search my GT. xFANCY KIWIx. So what makes a good player to you?

xFANCY_KIWIx
31 REPLIES 31

xFANCY_KIWIx wrote:

I say alone it doesn't. I consider myself a above averge player not MLG but better then the average player. I also think what weapon you use matters. For example it's not hard to get a good K/D while using something like the ACR or MP7. I myself have a 1.79 K/D (which i don't give a rats ass about) and a wining percent of 73% (909 wins and 341 loses). My top 5 killing guns are: 5. G36C, 4. AA-12, 3. SCAR-L, 2. USAS-12, 1. SPAS-12. KSG is also a close 6th. If you wanna look more to make sure i'm not lying or something which a lot of people tend to do on here search my GT. xFANCY KIWIx. So what makes a good player to you?

Once you start focusing on what other people use... I honestly lose interest in your opinion.

You like shotguns. Congrats.

Others like the guns they like.

shocked smiley #9449

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

You clearly missed my point. My point ws that it's easier to get a high K/D while using something like a ACR ot MP7 as compared to the SPAS or AA.

xFANCY_KIWIx

xFANCY_KIWIx wrote:

You clearly missed my point. My point ws that it's easier to get a high K/D while using something like a ACR ot MP7 as compared to the SPAS or AA.

I got it...

... and dismissed it.

The same way you dismiss those guns.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

K/D could mean you are a good palyer if you only play TDM or Free For All... but if your K/D is high and you have logged 300 hrs in say...DOM... that could mean oyu just sit there with assasin and camp objectives whether your team is losing or winning. I hate these scrubs that think they are good cause their k/d is high but only play DOM. They have a k/d of 2.0 with 50,000 kills and say only 1,000 flag caps. They think they are sooooo good when they just shoot the people actually palying the game moving from spawn to spawn corner to corner

Tpmoney

True dat. I have around 60k kills but 15k caps and not sure how many defends, about 6k I think. My K/D is 1.53

I hate looking at the lobby leaderboard and seeing less than a 1,000 caps and 60k kills.

I guess SPM is a more realistic measure.

alexion2k

Lol are you serious? It's easy as shit to get a high K/D in TeamDeath match and especially Free For All. Hell I've got a 4.36 in HC Free for All and above a 3.00 in Core Free For All. I consider a player decent if they play primarily Search and Destroy and can still maintain a decent K/D. Before I switched jobs and started playing more Kill Heavy modes (because they are easier to control for me even when I have a garbage team) I maintained a 2.37 and primarily only played HC Search and Destroy. K/D is definiltey not everything, but normally when I see a hih K/D maintained in mainly S&D the player tends to look like they know what they are doing. I can't even begin to recount the times that I've seen someone with a high K/D in Free For All or Team Death and them not even come within 15 kills of me.

Somebody34910

I would consider someone a good player if he has a relatively high k/d, high spm, good amount of miles per game and good objective stats. Having a diverse killing list also helps / is more impressive like you said.

Tpmoney, if someone has a low spm and high k/d I wouldn't conder them to be a good ffa player, tdm more so, but it's better to have a high spm there to, the goal is to get 75 kills first

Snipingdbag

You can get a very very high k/d by just playing infected and leaving the game as soon as you get infected. If you get a couple of kills per game, which is easy since the enemy only has throwing knives, then your k/d will rocket up. So you can be a terrible player yet still have kd of 10 or more.

milllo

well people play the flaws of the game instead of playing the game, so kd should only really matter to you, in judgeing how well your doing IMO. if i see someone with a 3.0 kd, im not impressed normally because i know how they play ( spawn trap spawn kill etc.) so I think at this point in the game, use it to measure the skill in yourself then others

ERROR_6_

Studios