Error Out of memory 5

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Error Out of memory 5

When I try to start up a private matchthere apears a error message with out of memory 5 how can I fix it ?

killerzzh1
13 REPLIES

Re: Error Out of memory 5

in reply to killerzzh1

having the same problem did you just download the DLC?

samirezougui

in reply to samirezougui

same problem after downloading new maps cant even play the old ones in splitscreen

billywiseman

in reply to killerzzh1

I too am getting the same problem!!

BAMOZZY

in reply to killerzzh1

Yes i just downloaded the new DLC I fixed it by playing 1 online match and after that I could play again in private match!

killerzzh1

in reply to killerzzh1

Short fix for the "Out Of Memory 5" load an older map before trying to load the new ones works after that we will just have to wait till they patch the issue. Other thing Clearing you System Cache, Re-Installing etc etc doesn't work so don't waste your time on that.

TXG_DEMON

in reply to killerzzh1

Happening to me too. Except I tried to start off with the new Spec Ops mission, and I can't play it since it says there's, and to go to multiplayer to get it, even when I already got it.

itzkuyaaj

in reply to killerzzh1

This also happend to me and seems to be wide spread.I had to delete MW3 from my xbl hard drive(I install all game's in case of scratching the disc)and redownloaded the dlc and works fine now.Only problem now is i went from level 50 in spec op mode to level 1.Any one know whats up with that?

mkweed5

in reply to killerzzh1

Loading an older map and then quiting helps. I had just downloaded the new maps and it would give me that error. I'm not too fond of the extremely close quarter maps for the face off gametypes, but meh

DuoMaxwell

in reply to killerzzh1

As some people in the thread have stated, there are a few solutions to the issue.

For users playing physical copies of MW3, please use the below steps. 

1. Reboot your console
  2. Launch Multiplayer
  3. Load a previously released map in private match
  4. Play the new content

If you have the game data installed on your hard drive, you can delete the game data and it will work without issues.

The developers are aware of the issues and are working to resolve it. We thank you for your patience.

Moderator Moderator

Studios