Face Off Maps - The reason I don't Play Them

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

For some reason I got the urge to go back and give 1v1 a shot. Played one match.

The guy I played against, I couldn't find for the first 3 minutes on Erosion. I ran around the board, checking very corner and crevice.  I finally ran into him, literally, in the back corner of the map and he was able to get the drop on me for the first kill. When I spawned, I naturally went back to that area, couldn't see him anywhere. I crept down towards the center gully and peered around a wall. This guy was laying prone in that corner, facing the wall, as deep in the corner as one can get. I knifed him to even the score. From that point on, this guy crouched in dark corners, and I ended up losing 4-1.  I can't imagine anything more boring. I can't wait till they release "paint-drying mode" and "Watching Grass Grow" mode!

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Hilarious!!! Maybe you should share your ideas for new game modes with the devs so this guy can find a place he can call home!

bumsonmyporch

1v1 is the worse of the Face Off playlists.  I played against a guy on Getaway.  I spawned by the pool and started running for the garage. I walk up the stairs to the outside patio above the garage and my enemy is sitting in a corner crouched and he kills me.  I spawn again by the pool and decided to go the oppoiste direction.  I catch him crouching in the kitchen(probably making a camper sandwich) and I kill him.  I start running around the map and come back around towards the patio above the garage and he is in the same exact corner he first killed me at. I kill him and then he dashboards. 

Some players need to grow some balls. Seriously. 

asianman12

I still contend they should have made it a Pure/Barebones type playlist. No Perks, no killstreaks, no equipment or gun attachments. I am not even sure why the mini map is necessary.  It should be about gun on gun, but its been twisted into a perverse version of large scale game types.

Why not have made it so rewards get dropped or appear around the map at random? Draw people out of their corners and have them battle over these perk or reward drops.

They could have done something different and unique with this mode, but instead people abuse it so they can brag about stats. Very few play within the spirit of the game, and with the horrible spawn system its not even worth playing. A good idea poorly executed, as can be said about so much in this game.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I played Face-off on day 1, havent touched it since. Garbage gamemode, garbage idea.

NoLifeKing231
Highlighted

I like FO.  I don't get to play it as much as I would like to because I'm often either playing a clan op or challenge where I need to stay in the same gamemode but I think that it's a nice change of pace.  Sure occasionally you'll run into the spawn trap kings but it usually doesn't take me more than a match to get the better of them.  The rest of the time it's pretty fun and fast paced.  I play mostly 3v3.  I played a 1v1 the other night for the first time and was thankful that it was on Getaway (smallest map).  I pretty much owned the other guy but to his credit he didn't hide in a corner or dash when he was 0 and 14.  I could see the 1v1 getting stale though if you're having to hunt the guy down every time.  Ergo why I've only played it once.

phxs72

Studios