Face Off Maps - The reason I don't Play Them

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Look at this video! Why are we getting more of these face off maps? This is the perfect reason I will not play these maps and modes. I ran across this video this morning.

agilekillzone36
25 REPLIES 25

From the title, Im assuming its about spawn trapping in Face off...

If so, Ill also add these to the list of things wrong with Face Off:

-Made for boosting. Two people can boost by themselves (with extra controller/SSer), and no one will ever know since they are the only people in the lobby.

-Spawns are terrible. Even with so few people and relatively large maps, IW still cant get the spawns correct.

-Map design. The maps are either filled with clutter and no vertical elements, or no clutter at all and lots of vertical elements. This makes it either a shooting gallery for the people on the high ground or a cluster-F of close range engagement where the person with the better connection always wins.

deadestllama

I'm in total agreement sir!

agilekillzone36

Dude, they know about the boosting. IW actually views the heatmap of Face-Off matches to catch boosters. One of my friends was boosting challenges in 2v2 with 3 of his friends, and they all got reset like a month ago.

Noob_Lyncher

I would like to trade all of my faceoffs for one large map.

CowboySr

I would trade all the DLC for just some lag fixes.

MikeCharlieRome

Id agree with that, since Oasis is the only one Id miss.

CowboySr

I made this vid this morning because I did try to play one map intersection. Now there is a moment in the vid that I did something stupid but I called myself out on that.

I played a kill confirmed match.

Anyway it was aweful experiance lag, spawn trapper (trying to anyway) and falling under tha map.

agilekillzone36

I dont see anything strange about your video except yo falling thru the map after dying which I had happen once or twice in the original maps.

CowboySr

iv just stayed well clear of them face off maps , we all knew they would be a boosters paradise.

insaine

Studios