Face Off Maps - The reason I don't Play Them

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I plan to from here on out. The face off lobbies must be popular I guess if they are dropping dedicated maps. IDK, it's just when you pay for the game and elite you would think you might get something a bit better than just face off dlc for june.

agilekillzone36

Its a shame, really. Face Off could have been a lot of fun, but like the rest of this game, very little thought was put into it. I think the Maps are so-so myself, but what kills them is the spawn system. You give the idiots in this community an inch, they will take a mile. Nobody should ever be able to Spawn Trap in a 1v1, yet somehow they managed to allow it to happen.  Don't want to hear the trolls say that " a good player can break a spawn trap", which is true, but when you are spawning in full view of the enemy it puts you at a severe disadvantage.

I kind of laugh when people say the maps are too cluttered. Me? I think they have too extensive sight lines. As soon as you get killed, the enemy can spot you across the map. To me, would be better to have a lot of cover to force both combatants to search for one another.

No Hardcore variant for HC fans.

Allowing the use of Kill Streaks (doesn't that defeat the purpose?)

IMO, would have been amazing as a Barebones/Pure mode, with stripped down guns, no equipment (Claymores, Betties, Port Radars, Trophies, etc). Emphasizing the gun on gun aspect of the game, rather than the same nonsense we get in regular modes.

Sit Rep Pro has made it somewhat unplayable as well. Takes away the use of Dead Silence as a counter, and the opponent can hear every move anywhere on the map... a clear advantage. One has to stand perfectly still or risk giving away their position.

The quitting... the quitting.. THE QUITTING.  It seems like when I do get ahead in a match, the enemy always leaves. Cheap win, yes, but not much fun.

All this, combined with the severely flawed Spawn system, has, for me, taken away the fun from what had potential as a fun game mode.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

As with most spawn trapping, the other team must have been terrible or had a terrible connection. I've played plenty of Face Off and I can guarentee that the spawns are constantly flipping when I play simply because I wouldn't let a guy sit in one spot and spray me down all game. Don't get me wrong. They try to do it but a decent player can find the angles to negate these tactics.  These guys had the good fortune of being in a 3v2 match and they were well corrdinated against some noobs. Otherwise the spawn trap would have broken down.

phxs72

They aren't broken.  They're designed that way purposefully.  If you have Elite premium, go look at their overviews of each new map with their strategies.  They show you where each team spawns and give you tips to trap them (albeit, they call it "suppressing").  It's sad!!!

shmedlywilcox88

It is "suppressing".. "Suppressing" the fun right out of the game.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Im not sure if the term is spawn trap, spawn containment or spawn killing i just hope the person in that vid knows that what he is doing is and most probably is bannible which i find is alota BS, dont get me wrong i am totally against people that just stand AingDS looking at a static spawn not giving the enemy any time to react but its IW's own fault for rushing a game out in such a manner after having years of exp, what gets me the most is that they say the game is balanced, the only reason they made it this far with this BS is because of there title, FO maps dont belong in series and IDK how much people play this on a daily but i dont think the FO maps deserved this much recognitian (June DLC only FO maps) What a load.

zero72721

I'm with you on that. IDk just not going to give the time to those maps let all the hackers, boosters and spawn trapper handle those.

zero7272 wrote:

Im not sure if the term is spawn trap, spawn containment or spawn killing i just hope the person in that vid knows that what he is doing is and most probably is bannible which i find is alota BS, dont get me wrong i am totally against people that just stand AingDS looking at a static spawn not giving the enemy any time to react but its IW's own fault for rushing a game out in such a manner after having years of exp, what gets me the most is that they say the game is balanced, the only reason they made it this far with this BS is because of there title, FO maps dont belong in series and IDK how much people play this on a daily but i dont think the FO maps deserved this much recognitian (June DLC only FO maps) What a load.

agilekillzone36

I like Face Off.

SuperCook1eMan

I have found Face Off to be a nice change of pace and haven't noted any boosting or spawn trapping like the one in the video.  Maybe I'm in the minority.  The spawns sure can be "wonky" though!  I play a few rounds then it's back to HC TDM/Moshpit.

riffy08

Hate them, average player(like me) stands no chance against the better players,

(then add the all the boosters, forget it)

a waste for my Elite membership.

zRaiders1

Studios