Hosting got me heated!

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Yes I know, another rant about hosting.  I don't mind hosting once in a while, but I was hosting every single game I played the past couple of days.  The thing that frustrates me while hosting, while im running around (my game is smooth), but when I run up on a guy and start shooting, I miss and he starts skipping around the screen (plus the one shot kills).

I absolutely hate raging, I already broke 2 controllers and have 1 left.  They need to rotate hosts more, not just always go for the best connection.  What's worse is trying to complete the breath proficiency while hosting.

HEREIAMNOW
14 REPLIES 14

here's a tip if you host games allot and it never works in your favor.

Use a UDP Flooder to force a host migration.. i.e search for 'net tools' If it migrates.. cool, if not it will kill the game, either way its a win win scenario..

willfal

Cool tip.  What happens if you are not the host?

HEREIAMNOW

HEREIAMNOW wrote:

Cool tip.  What happens if you are not the host?

You lag and everyone else carries on playing as normal.

I stumbled upon a vid on youtube reciently where the guy was showing what happened when you try to use a lag switch on MW3 (you cant, it doesnt work).. he was using a traditional 'light switch' method and then went on to the wireless version... the UDP flooder..

I did a bit off research and found that you could flood different IP's to get different results, In MW3 it just host migrates..

The most effective way to use it is to flood the IP within the first 10 seconds off the game starting.. bang immediate host migration.!

I make no apologies for finding out or sharing this unsporting method off cheating the host selection system, when you have proper forwarded ports an open nat and a good connection, i expect to have a good game, not screwed over by 2-3 bar jitter players.

willfal

ITS EXACTLY THE SAME FOR ME MATE IT SUCKS

shawnsteve

How can you tell if your the host? ..... I was told if i see my name and title highlight i was picked as host is this correct? ......

Out1

When im host i have really good hit detection... my bullets kill in the 'required amount' but i get insta killed by everyone, face to face confrontations end in my demise 100% off the time. I can only kill players that have not seen me.. i.e from the side and rear..

Once the game loads if you are the only player spawned in on the map you are host..

willfal

Easy way to know if you're host is on the loading screen:

If the loading screen says "Awaiting Challenge", you're host

If the loading screen says "Awaiting Connection", you're not host

Also if you leave the game & the host migration starts, you were host.

vims2011

Most of the time I spawn with 13 seconds on the clock and I am not host.  A couple of times I wasnt able to spawn until the game was a couple seconds in and I was host.  I just know if they kill me when I have the drop on them I am hosting.

HEREIAMNOW

A great tip attach a wrist stap to the controller to prevent throwing it

football12345

Studios