How badly has MW3 failed on the Wii?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

If infinity ward and treyarch actually listened to us, we would've  had a perfect COD.

Daocow123
Highlighted

I don't think they can listen to everyone...

Considering a huge amount of players hate X aspects but not Y... and the other half hate Y but love X...

Saying "if they actually listened" is not a valid argument. I challenge you to organize the entire CoD fan base into creating 1 game. EVERYONE... from the 12 year old that shouldn't be playing to the 40 year old.

WpFdBladeX

I do agree with the fact that Hackers are a little out of control but I can always move out of that lobby and find another one.

Wall glitches really are annoying, the positive side-effect is that player has taken himself out of the match... while he is impossible to kill... he can't kill anyone that is not close to that particular spot... so why fret?

Just don't run close to that spot and you are fine... those are garbage moves... but they don't make the game garbage...

WpFdBladeX

What I notice most often is that the CoD community is heavily influenced by popular youtube commentators, and the fact that they gain popularity by acting like douchebags that are too cool for school constantly complain about the game being terrible and being 100% bored with the game...

Yet you find them uploading CoD gameplay vids with them commentating daily and always stating the same "I'm so over CoD" - "CoD is boring"..

And it translates into a community that is always complaining about the game and saying it's boring yet you find the entire community playing hours on end.

CoD is a really good game wether you say you are bored or not... you play a lot of CoD and you still find yourself being pulled towards it... point is you like the game.

While you might get bored after playing for A LOOOOONG time which is reasonable... then you can switch to another game and eventually come back.

WpFdBladeX

You sir, have a very positive attitude.  I like it...  For the majority of what you have said, I agree.  I will just leave a lobby if there is an obvious hack taking place...  Sure I suppose you could stick it out and try and make the hacker leave but that does lead to becoming frustrated that you have to be put in that situation.  The thing I always say to people that complain about the hacker is, if everyone just leaves the lobby immediately, eventually the hacker will not have many people to run his hacks on...  There is always the private lobby.  Get your friends and just start up a private lobby.  This is actually where I have most of my fun when I play MW3.  I know everything is on the up and up. 

Private lobbies don't give you the sense of accomplishing anything though.  At least, with BOPS, you still had to level yourself up if you wanted to gain persk/weapons/attachments.  Why they made everything available to you with no effort was another really big design mistake... again, catering to the 12 year old that shouldn't be playing the game anyway.  Maybe IW should rename themselves after the base they seem to be after... Infancy Ward maybe?

There are modes I would like to play, like SnD, but I find that is where I see the most blatant hacking going on.  That is just purely frustrating and hard to maintain composure when confronting. 

Most of the other problems in the game I can overlook... most of the time.. When I can't, there is always the power switch.

OG_Str8UpJack

Yup.. I completely agree with you,

If you feel like it you can try and stay in the lobby but if you are alone it might be a little too much.... you could also just leave.

And yes it saddens me that SnD is a hack fest... I just love that gametype and I haven't played it because of the same issue. :/

Well good luck I hope everyone over the age of 18 can learn to deal with problems in a smart and rage-free manner as this is the only way to deal with glitches/hackers.

that is a little sad the hacker world we live in right now, but again... it's nothing we good players can't overcome.

WpFdBladeX

Best way to deal with it: Not play. Its that simple. At least it is for me.

BTW, have to ask you BladeX, how often do you pull host? If you don't pull it often, I think you may have a skewed view.

grombloodboy

3/10 games probably...

Being host has absolutely nothing to do with hackers/glitchers and overall complaining of the game or complaining about "bs kills".

I get mowed down by FMG9s just as much as you do... but I deal with it by being smart and improving my play.  However... you won't find the same FMG9 player beating me consistently as I will no longer engage the way he likes to and eventually turn back the tide in my favour.

Hackers are of course a whole different ballgame as you can't really beat em often... all you can do is either beat em a couple of times, or just stay out of his way and have him get a low number of kills by choosing to not engage with him.

I do not get killed by random barrels or cars... if a car blows up next to me it's because the player that killed me intended to do it that way as he saw an opportunity and took it. But if some random barrel is lit up I am definitely not going to walk in and get myself killed.

As you can see I've been in the same exact situation as you have... PP90M1s, MP7s, UMP45s, FMG9s, MP9s... everything has come to bite me in the a$$ and it still happens to me all the time... I just choose not to let it happen several times during the same gaming session, wether that's in the same lobby or with the same players... it just doesn't happen because I do not allow it. If I'm getting sprayed down by FMG9s... I'm making sure next time I meet that same player in that same match he won't be able to do that... I'll stun him, flash him, nade him, knife him or just shoot him in the back... but I wont let him have his edge and have his advantages used to the max.

If you deal with it by Not Playing... the hackers won... and our breed of good players suffers even more because our way to deal with negative aspects is to just straight up quit.

That's how I deal with "negative aspects" in play... I grow, adapt and eventually overcome. You should do the same... and again... it has nothing to do with being Host.

WpFdBladeX

When you pull host every game party or not, your patience wears thing pretty damn quick. Try hosting on Carbon. Its the worst experience you can imagine. Like having a frame rate of about 5 frames a second at some points, and no ability to adjust and react. 

You say that we should adapt and play smart with akimbo players, but often times you encounter these players in unoptimal situations. Unless you intend to camp it out, which I find boring, you are most likely going to encounter these tools in CQB areas, seeing as the maps are developed to promote this. Its very difficult to deal with them here, and when your host, you can pretty much count it as a death.

I see it as a choice between frustrating or boring. What is the point? When I get a title that I can host without being at a massive disadvantage, and that I can move around the map at a tactical pace without being killed before I can blink, I will be fine. Until then, MW3 is just gonna have to sit. Gonna play in a private match league, but pubs are a trial of frustration.

grombloodboy

BTW, BladeX, do you listen to CCP? If so, would you be interested in guesting?

grombloodboy

Studios