How many here are top 1% in the world rankings?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I was just browsing around my Elite profile and found that I rank in the top 1% of worldwide MW3 players in Team Deathmatch. I also rank top 5% in both Domination and Kill Confirmed which are the only other game modes I play but I rarely play them. TDM all the way! Sorry if this sounds like bragging, I just had no idea and I feel pretty good about it.

vileself
15 REPLIES 15

Top 1% is like 139,000 players on TDM i wouldnt be bragging about that haha im top 0.00001% on FFA for xbox

jon3sy9

Free for all is much easier to get into the top ranks of because so few people play it (although top 0.00001% is quite the feat).  Top 1% in TDM means you play a ton of TDM. 

I'm top 5% in domination, and I have a total of about 100 hours in that game mode.

Mojammer

It has me in the top 1% of game modes that I haven't played for months.

c4rl

I'm in top 1% for Headquarters and Kill Confirmed. I rage quit TDM too much to get any kind of good score (when I'm not in a party.)

Nuk1014

In all honesty, the leaderboard system in MW3 isn't really based on you as a player, it's based more on time spent & total score.

According to Elite, I'm ranked in the Top 1% for Domination in MW3 but I hardly consider that anything "special".

I prefered the SPM (score perk minute) leaderboards in Black Ops.

SPM also has it's flaws but it's much better than the leaderboards in MW3.

I have friends who have a lower overall SPM but are ranked higher than me as they have spent so many hours playing MW3 than I do. I think I have around 12 days spent playing MW3, some of these guys already have 30+ days.

Not that I care that much but it's an observation of how the MW3 Leaderboards work compared to the Black Ops SPM leaderboards.

vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

In all honesty, the leaderboard system in MW3 aren't really based on you as a player, it's based more on time spent & total score.

According to Elite, I'm ranked in the Top 1% for Domination in MW3 but I hardly consider that anything "special".

I prefered the SPM (score perk minute) leaderboards in Black Ops.

SPM also has it's flaws but it's much better than the leaderboards in MW3.

I have a few friends who have a much lower overall SPM but are ranked higher than me as they spent so many hours playing MW3 than I do. I think I have around 12 days spent playing MW3, some of these guys already have 30+ days.

Not that I care that much but it's an observation of how the MW3 Leaderboards work compared to the Black Ops SPM leaderboards.

Totally agree with everything you said!!

jwaller123

Just look at the weekly or monthly leaderboards, not perfect but a bit more accuracte if you played for most of that time period.

DrSyndrox

Are you really suprised... They want people to play their game and leaderboards reflect this.... The more you play the higher on the leaderboard you go...

Again not catering to pro gamers just the masses where they make their money....

tallowby

tallowby wrote:

Are you really suprised... They want people to play their game and leaderboards reflect this.... The more you play the higher on the leaderboard you go...

Again not catering to pro gamers just the masses where they make their money....

I don't think it was really because of that but wouldn't be suprised if they did.

They just copy/pasted the MW2 leaderboards to MW3, that's it.

Leaderboards are still hacked & inaccurate for MW3 so I don't take my overall ranking into account. I've also heard that you can get losses for winning games in CTF & Sabotage.

vims2011

Studios