I am pretty sure i am the....

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I am pretty sure i am the worst player in the history of this game and any shooting game in general. does any one have and helpful hints on how to get at least a tiny bit better.  that would be very very very helpfull

putnam88
18 REPLIES 18

Whats the problem?

xblbw

If you really want to be good at call of duty, I suggest you start using shotguns(not the striker).Start with the ksg and work you way up.A shotgun will help you indentify all the spot campers go to and helps you choose the best route to take out your enemys.Dont rush and dont camp.Play like you would in real life.Make sure to check the corners and flash/stun the places you feel enemies are.Also when you become fairly good start using the easiest weapons(mp7,pp90,acr,striker).You will see how much better you are.Remember using shotguns will help you in the long run.Make sure to use assassin on all your shotgun class.

vicko1641

Agreed, single shot weapons will force you to be acurate and learn the safest way to move around the maps. Range and ranking the things will present dificulties. MK14 is also a good option for improving accuracy.

xblbw

All I can say is play alot. The more you play the better you get at remembering maps, heavy traffic areas, what weapons you like, etc....Took me awhile to get ok at it as well. I am not awesome by any means, but I am good enough to at least enjoy the game and get a few killstreaks while I am at it.

jwaller123

ok finding enemies isnt the problem i seem to have trouble getting and keeping the redicule on them. i will pretty much and this goes for any game. i will generally get 5 kills and about 15+ deaths  weather i am playing against a party of new players or a party of seasoned players. idk if taht helps out at all

putnam88

Practice obviously. One of the most common things I have seen in-experienced players do is to try to track the target using only the right stick.

If you do this, it removes one of your degrees of freedom. Try using both stricks so you can strafe onto target as well. I also find it helps me if I a moving towards the target as well. Strafing also makes you a harder target.

Also consider changing your controller sensitivity to something that suits you (under options I think).

xblbw

seems to me play time isnt the issue. taking this all the way back to golden eye on 64 same issue. and moving up to halo and halo 2 and to all the cod games its like i got to were i am at and just not getting n e better. i have a buddy thats pretty good on core tdm usually goes about 25+ kills and about 10 deaths on average. he tries to help and it seems i have tried it all

putnam88

Golden Eye, Facility, proximity mines, one hit kills,  standard spawn order: its all coming back to me.

xblbw

• Lower sensitivity to 4, or lower if needed, to start out.

• Don't run so much. Seems odd, but running can create a snag when engaging users. Hence where they are perks to negate the time bewteen ADS (Aim Down Sites) and firing.

• Do not fall prey to the "community standards." Use what works for you. Even if that means someone rages at you.

• Stun grenades will deply faster than flash grenades. Take stuns for a better edge.

• Walk around the maps a bit before going back in. Know the nooks. "Check those corners!" - Cpt. John Price

Moderator Moderator

Studios