I can't hear chat

SOLVED

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Hey everyone,

I'm having a problem: I can't hear the chat. When I have on, when I don't have on the headset... I can see the voice icon, so I know ho is speaking, but this problem is not only in the game... when I'm in a party, I cannot hear everybody, sometimes 1-2 people of 5. I guess there's a problem with my Xbox, I searched on my Xbox a lot for setting wich can fix it, but I did NOT find anything... (sorry for poor english hop you understand)

Thank you,

Xino

xinohun
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
in reply to xinohun
Solution

Now I can hear and speak to them, it was a security setting on the Xbox, finally found it, thanks for everyone!

xinohun
16 REPLIES 16

then its your head set even if you have the mic symbol it could be wireing  if its not that try umpluging mice switch your thing to Voice on TV se if you can hear them in that way if its not that your setting might be set to private if you need help reply back if you need info on anything. hope it helps

BlueAce

Yeah, the headset icon appears, but I can't hear them, and I can't speak to them. And my chat settings are on the game.

xinohun

If you are able to hear some but not others then its is or NAT settings on your router.

For more information contact me on XBL @ TGA GENERAL

ARANOX1

yea you just might need a mic but before you put money into it unplug your mic to see if you hear anyone talking through tv or ask a freind to borrow a mic.

BlueAce

the router isnt the problem Arano he saying he cant hear them

BlueAce

BlueAce wrote:

the router isnt the problem Arano he saying he cant hear them

not true... it actually sounds like a port issue... i had the same thing yesterday while trying everything to get a decent game... lol..

i turned off upnp and left all ports unforwarded... the game worked but chat didnt..

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open: 

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)

Note If you cannot chat with someone using Video Kinect, you might need to open port 1863 (UDP and TCP).

worth a try to check...

TurdFerguson00
in reply to TurdFerguson00

Can you dumb this down for me! Im have the same problem 

GxStErGix007

I've got a mic for it, I've got the original headset for mí Xbox.

xinohun

I've got a mic for it, I've got the original headset for my Xbox.

xinohun

Studios