I wish some of the choke points were a little more spread out!

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Some of the maps do not have this problem as bad as others but most of them have this notion that ALL the action needs to take place in one specific spot. This is something that has been annoying me for a while now while playing MW3, previous titles did not have this problem and always seemed to provide a viable flank route to all the choke points. Some of the maps that come to mind are:

Lockdown: This being the worst of the lot. This map is fairly big in comparison to some of the other maps, yet it seems like every single person from both teams rush to that stupid corridor just so that they can camp and headglitch the doorways. Did IW think it would be fun to try and eliminate countless players from a cramped corridor while they all have their sites ADS at both doorways? The fact that grenades are garbage doesnt make this any easier. This whole map seems like a ghost town until you get to that corridor.

Hardhat: Pretty much the same thing, why would anybody want to run down a pipe and get killed by someone sitting on top of the exit. This player also has views of the room that also seems to be the biggest camp fest and any poor player running down from A spawn is met with 4-5 (pretty much a whole team) camping in that one spot.

Seatown: Same thing, its a big map yet ALL the action takes place in that one bloody room that players camp in.

Resistance: Not too bad but still, theres that one room where you can easily find 4+ players camping making this the focus point of the ENTIRE map even though, once again, it is a bigger map.

I can name more examples if need be, but im sure you all get the point. Like the title says, I wish the choke points were a little more spread out just so we can at least use more areas of the maps.

_fnx_sworndeath
17 REPLIES 17

Why isn't Dome on this list. In TDM it's not as bad, but in objective based games where the spawns are relatively fixed the chokepoints and spawn locations are the same

Most of the points you mention all lead to the same conclusion, the chokepoints are cramped because they're popular and the quickest route to take to get to the other team

The enemy typically is so determined to control that one spot that they can easily be flanked, sometimes you can catch all 6 people with their pants down

Ghamorra Level 75

Dome for me is not a problem as a KC player. I should have mentioned that I do not play objective based games barring KC (which in my mind is not even an objective game as such) because I play solo. I can imagine that there are other problems in game modes like Dom etc. But for the sake of this discussion, I am keeping to what I know best, which is KC.

_fnx_sworndeath

Dome isn't much of a problem in kill based games, for future reference if you ever do play a more objective based game avoid that map at all costs. A well organized team will have you spawn trapped in seconds. Since the choke points are the same as the spawn points the trap is really hard to break

To what you're saying though, I find the in KC and TDM the choke points that are cramped are just really popular places to be. If you haven't tried already flank those spots, most teams aren't smart enough to watch their backs and it's easy kills

Ghamorra Level 75

Dome, I know is as bad as it can get. I actually got killed 1 second after the countdown to begin the match in a game I had late last night. I watched the killcam cause my immediate thought was WTF? My team spawned up top next to the trucks and I saw in the killcam that someone had just taken a piss shot with his MSR from the bottom spawn and it OHK me. Lol, bad luck I guess.

Basically what I was saying, is that ALL of the action takes place in only one area on almost every single map. I am not a bad player myself and do know all the flanking points but I was more trying to bring the point accross that I would have liked to see more choke points. There is no point for bigger maps like lockdown if the whole game revolves around flushing people out of a corridor, rinse repeat. They might as well have made the whole map in that one building then, lol.

_fnx_sworndeath

I've seen a video of two people spawning facing each other at the start of a match on Interchange Free For All. WTF the map is huge, yet everybody spawns within at least 20 metres of each other.

Chairman_Meow

Lol FFA spawns are trash, even more trash than the rest of the game modes, if thats even possible.

_fnx_sworndeath

Oh yes, they were less than a metre away from each other.

Chairman_Meow

This happens a lot in objective based gamemodes on Hardhat and Dome

You'll die and spawn in front of a guy who's aiming at the very spot you're going to spawn. He's just waiting for you to apparate so he can kill you. The spawns are that predictable. I love killcams within killcams

Ghamorra Level 75

They didn't even die, that's where they spawned at the very start of the game at the countdown.

Chairman_Meow

Studios