IW, don't make the mistake that Treyarch did with the guns.

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

As we all know, Treyarch thought it would be a good idea to make carbon- copies of guns. Looked how that turned out, one gun *cough* Famas *cough* dominated SMG's/ Shotguns in CQC and Snipers in Long range combat. DO NOT DO WHAT TREYARCH DID. Make each gun unquie, not copy-pastas.

davidlsofferman
5 REPLIES 5

davidlsofferman wrote:

As we all know, Treyarch thought it would be a good idea to make carbon- copies of guns. Looked how that turned out, one gun *cough* Famas *cough* dominated SMG's/ Shotguns in CQC and Snipers in Long range combat. DO NOT DO WHAT TREYARCH DID. Make each gun unquie, not copy-pastas.

If the guns were "copy-pastas" in Black Ops... wouldn't every gun have been just like the Famas?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

rankismet wrote:

davidlsofferman wrote:

If the guns were "copy-pastas" in Black Ops... wouldn't every gun have been just like the Famas?

• The Famas and the AUG were VERY similar
  • The Galil, Commando, and AK47 were also very similar
  • The MAC 11, MPL, PM63, and Kiparis were pretty much the same weapon, but looked different
  • The HK21 and the RPK are failed versions of Assault Rifles, really

The recoil patterns in Black Ops were mainly up, and to the right (realistic, but realism is not Call of Duty's strong point) and centred (pretty much randomised, except that it barely, if ever, recoiled in the downwards direction).

If Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games follow the formula for varying weapons, as seen in Modern Warfare 2, all should be well.

plasmaflame

rankismet wrote:

davidlsofferman wrote:

Essentially what I was going to say.

Moderator Moderator

Every gun in mw2 had a different feel, it's not a big transition. Black Ops had a lot of copies of weapons, and usually most suck or outclassed.

guntheftasian

The problem with Black Ops is that all the full auto assault rifles and SMGs have a firerate of either 937.5 or 750. The Famas & AUG kill with the same number of bullets as all the other assault rifles but have a much faster firerate.. If the 750 RPM guns dealt higher damage, so they needed one less bullet to kill than the Famas/Aug, it would have been better balanced IMO.

I'm not even going to bother with the SMGs, they are meant to dominate in CQC but even with rapid fire, only the Scorpion has a faster TTK than the Famas/Aug.. Without rapid fire 6 out of 9 of them have a slower TTK than the slowest TTK ARs and the other two are on par with them.

I guess that's what people mean by 'copy and paste' weapons.. I hope the MW3 weapon balance is similar to MW2, because that's one of the things they got spot on

jamesafc

Studios