Is there any truth in this?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

.1 seconds IS significant

Buckeye015

Buckeye.

IF my math is right it would work out more than .1 sec as well.

My workings (havent a clue if correct or not, im not a computer buff)

1. ADS = .1 sec adv

2. straffe left/right = .1 sec adv

3. fire gun = .1 sec adv

I make that .3 sec adv.

Again could be way off the mark here, but if true then that is surley a very tasty advantage.

DR_K1LLINIT

Let's break this down.

So assume that there are two players, with equal reaction times, and the same perks/gun.

So these two guys both see each other at the exact same times.  (gun=ACR w/o quickdraw)

Player 1:  wired                                    Game time:.000                          Player 2: wireless

pulls the ads button                             .150                                               pulls the ads but.

player 1 starts a.d.s.                             .200                                                     waiting....

waiting....                                                 .300                                          player 2 starts ads

pulls shoot 1/2 way through ads           .350                                                       waiting

begins shooting                                      .400                                                     waiting

shooting                                                   .450                                  pulls "shoot" 1/2 way...

shooting                                                    .600                                      begins shooting

So in this scenario, you would have a .2 seconds advantage!!!!!!!!

In .2 seconds, the ACR shoots 2.35 bullets. So this means that you could have his screen already red before he even shoots!!!!

.2 seconds a gun like the Fad shoots 3.3 bullets!!!!

And of course this is only 1 example. The other variables can !ENHANCE! the effect or lessen it.

Buckeye015

wow it effed my whole post up, but you get the idea

Buckeye015

It can be if youre thinking about it, i guess. But, i only have wireless controllers and do well all the time. My bro even has a wireless reciever for his xbox and he never complained or mentioned anything about being a second behind when he used to play. Besides, losing or winning a gun battle/knife battle would be near impossible to determine who is wired and who is wireless because "lag comp", connection speeds, and human reaction time also gets thrown into the mix.

iGotBombKush

I was talking about the wireless adapter.  But this is interesting to know...

Deleted User

Generally speaking you won't notice the difference between a wired or wireless controller unless your battery is getting low.

phxs72

Yeah most of the time you can't notice it unless your running low.

smokesdope

4-8 milliseconds-

CowboySr

link?

Buckeye015

Studios