Let's talk about the Deathstreaks.....

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

As we all know, MW3 will have the return of deathstreaks. *sigh* IMO they should have stuff like Copycat/ Juiced not Final stand, Dead Man's Hand, Revenge or Hallow Point(I think that's the name). I know they are trying to help teh n3wbs/ n00bs, but let's be honest, all they are doing is making them worse at the game. It's like a teacher passing a dumb kid in class. The teacher is trying to be nice but the kid never learns a thing and he is still the dumb kid that doesn't know anything but gets passed. They should, IMO, lock out deathstreaks @ lvl 80, no prestige since they are no longer a n3wb, they are a experienced player and should get better on their own, the way it should be.

davidlsofferman
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

davidlsofferman wrote:

They should, IMO, lock out deathstreaks @ lvl 80, no prestige since they are no longer a n3wb, they are a experienced player and should get better on their own, the way it should be.

I like the sound of that idea

Defensor Fortis
JediMaster Shark

I think they should just increase the deathcount for some of the death streaks

Forum Moderator

http://twitter.com/#!/vSimCO

vsimco@hotmail.com

v Sim CO

I think Hardline Pro shouldn't make it one less death.

davidlsofferman

If a player is activating their Deathstreak, are they really going to pose a problem? I mean, obviously this player isn't doing too hot if they're dying 4+ times in a row. Why worry about a lil' ol' Deathstreak?

Painkiller is out, which was the worst Deathstreak in my opinion.

bishopkane

Final Stand is still in, Dead Man's Hand is gonna kill me in CQC with my shotgun, the guy with Revenge will have a constant rader with someone on it, Hallow Point is just plain stupid and Jucied is the only Deathstreak I don't mind.

davidlsofferman

This is my opinion on deathstreaks:

Deathstreaks don't make bad players do better, it's just encourages them to do bad.

If IW really wanted to help new players, combat training would have been the better option. After being a terrible player in MW2 & COD4, my hours spent in combat training on Black Ops has made me a better player.

Also, isn't COD Elite suppose to help bad/new players?

If deathstreaks are here to stay, disable deathstreaks once you reach Level 80, No Prestige (as David has mentioned)

vims2011

Funny thing about Elite is that it showed Second Chance as a perk recomondation in FFA. :mrgreen:

davidlsofferman

Juiced - Dumb.

Revenge - Campers stop camping. Chances are, the people who rage about this are the ones trying to avoid UAV's and whatnot at all times. It's not like this Deathstreak gives the player an automatic route to just walk up and shoot you in the face. Honestly, this will be the Deathstreak I have on all my classes.

Final Stand - I've personally never had a problem with any form of Final Stand in any CoD. Is it really that hard to kill someone laying around with 1% HP?

Martyrdom/Deadman's Hand - It's said that explosive damage in this game is toned down. I'm not really worried about these.

Hollow Points - Could pose a problem, but a player dying 5 times to activate this streak probably wouldn't get the most out of it anyway. It'll maybe get them one or two kills, but I don't expect someone who just died 5 times to suddenly start dominating the game.

bishopkane

Hollow Point is 1 kill and then it dissappears untill they die another 5 times

fudg3m_3825

Studios