MW3 - Disc Read Error fix. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

MW3 - Disc Read Error fix. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please help me fix this :smileysad: It's really annoying me now, it's only happening with this one game!

I am getting sick of this now! Every couple of games I get booted because it say's "Disc Error Read" WTF!

This needs to be fixed... It's the only game this happens too

Liam_Brady1
7 REPLIES

Re: MW3 - Disc Read Error fix. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

in reply to Liam_Brady1

My friend stopped playing b/c of this issue and he didn't want to shell out the cost of another disc..

I think the only solution is to get another disc, so if you just bought it, then return it for a new copy.  If you bought it a while ago and it's just know happening, then you either need to shelf your copy and move to another game OR buy another MW3 disc.

wridtrvlr

in reply to wridtrvlr

Thanks, I think the only solution for me right now is to buy a new disc

Liam_Brady1

in reply to Liam_Brady1

Never had this happen to me and I've never known any of my friends going through this. Not sure what causes it aside from it being a bad disc

Ghamorra Level 75

in reply to Liam_Brady1

Try contacting activision @310-255-2050...I once had the same problem,just explain your situation to them...They may charge a small fee for a disc replacement,but in the end you'll save some cash...

Xbox Live Ambassador/Beta tester!

Ambassador08

in reply to Liam_Brady1

Sorry to hear about the situation with your copy of Modern Warfare 3.  What console are you playing the game on?  Also is there any damage on the game disc itself.

If its for Xbox 360, try and clear the system cache or install the game disc to your hard drive.

If its for PlayStation 3, I recommend removing the game data file and re-downloading the update and DLC.

You can find both instructions here:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Clearing-the-Xbox-360-System-Cache-or-PlayStation-...

Now if the problem continues, try testing your disc out on another console if possible.  This will allow us to see if we can replicate the issue.  Keep us posted.  Thanks!^RT

Player Support

in reply to Liam_Brady1

OP,

This post was moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

ATVIAssist,

I've informed the user of your reply as well as the post being moved.

Thanks,

-Ice

Moderator Moderator

in reply to Liam_Brady1

I bet your system scratched the shit out of the disc. It happened to me too, I just got it resurfaced for 3 dollars at a gamestore.

magnificence

Studios