Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I wish the guns, including sight, were 50% transparent. When I shoot a real gun I leave both eyes open. In game that would be represented buy a semi transparent gun and sight. It would make iron sights much more friendly.

cheaterssuk
5 REPLIES 5
in reply to cheaterssuk

Alpha blending the textures on the 1st person gun model triggered when aiming down the sights should be easily doable, unless the alpha channel is being used for displacement mapping or something else. You could even map the effect to different areas on the weapon so you get an alpha blended "ghost ring" on the rear sight and a sharp front sight post. Alpha blending is one of the oldest tricks in the dev's/texture artist's books.

It would also make Eotechs and red dots appear correctly i.e the reticule "floats" in your vision with the sight frame/body hardly visible at all.

Good suggestion.

Mr_Teatameh
in reply to Mr_Teatameh

Agreed, good thoughts... thanksSmiley Happy

cheaterssuk
in reply to cheaterssuk

I wish the CEO of Activision Bobby Kotick would be hit by a bus on the way home from work.

That way there's a chance we might get some people in charge at Activision who aren't dedicated to screwing over and ripping off everyone from employee to customer.

Other than that I wish for proper functional ranked dedicated servers to be released in a patch for MW2 and MW3.

-CrazyMoFo-
in reply to -CrazyMoFo-

LMAO, I could have written that one for you MoFo

cheaterssuk
Highlighted
in reply to Mr_Teatameh
?
jeff_leuterio

Studios