Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

you do realize I play on the playstation 3, right? We don't have the install to HDD option. and I've cleaned every inch of my system, lens included, and it still does it.

survivor228

Hey man, try this.  Not sure if it will work for everyone.  But it worked for me and my brother.

The theater camcorder records everymatch to harddrive. I turned the camera off and erased all the video files off our hard drives and both boxes seem too be running fine now with no errors. Don't know if it could be a coincedence with both boxes at the same time.  But it worked.    Yall try it out and hopefully it works out for yall. 

Happy hunting

FrabkDaTank1821

you just gave me an idea to fix the issue i'm having. my game crashes after every match. I'm wondering if it is crashing when it tries to save the theater video to the hard drvie...

reaper123167

Hate to tell you but they can't patch the fact that your bluray drive is about toast I feel you though mine died Saturday night off to Sony my PS3 goes

The_Reaper_441

similar thing has happened to me... on the rare occasion that I do want to play this SH*TTY LAG FEST, my PS3 won't recognize the disc. Last time I played it was 3 days ago, and it ran fine, and the disc was and is not damaged in any way, but when I put it in my PS3 it won't load.

I've tried uninstalling all of the game data/patches, updating my PS3, and still MW3 disc won't read. When I put in the Black Oops disc or any movie or any other disc, it reads fine. It's just the MW3 disc

I do not think I kept the receipt for gamestop... and I do not think the game is damaged, just... terrible and flawed

schneider50

Still not fixed & still Not answered? When i play Mp. 2mins into a match game freezes then black skreen have to restart ps3 & other times it freezes & kicks me to main page and "DISK READ ERROR" message pops up! "please help or make a patch for this!!!!

Dirty_Maineiac

You have been hacked or infected by someone. Try making a new psn account on your ps3 until the virus is gone.This happend to me and  i did this and waited 5 days and it worked.

-Ac130 don't give me kills,Pavelow gets shotdown,Semiwolf on a Reaper is all I need!

Semiwolf365

This happened to me to and I know what's wrong and how to fix it.  What it is one of the times you were playing it overheated which either warped the disc or the PS3/Xbox recording system caught this incident and locked that particular disc from the unit.  So all you have to do is trade it in.  The reason that recording feature is in there is to prevent you from burning your system up.  I hate this to.  It's not IW's fault it's the consoles fault for locking it out.  IW can't do anything about this because they are not aloud to mess with the game consoles do to registered trademarks, business agreements ETC.  Hope this helps cause I play this game on the PS3 as well, can't stand the Xbox Ugh.

Natero14

Still not fixed & still Not answered? When i play Mp. 2mins into a match game freezes then black skreen have to restart ps3 & other times it freezes & kicks me to main page and "DISK READ ERROR" message pops up! "please help or make a patch for this!!!!

Dirty_Maineiac

This seemed to fix my disk error problem

From the ps3 menu,

2. Select Internet Browser.

3. After the Internet Browser appears press the Triangle button.

4. Select Tools on the Options menu.

5. Select Delete Cookies and Delete Cache

6. delete game data utility for MW3 (witch is the update)

7. reinstall update and it should work.

faze-ins4nemerk

Studios