Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Ok, so I'm one of the people who seems to have constant problems with the disc read error for Modern Warfare 3. I've checked everything. I've cleaned my system, I've cleaned the disc, I've tried other games and movies to make sure my disc reader isn't going out, and it just doesn't make any sense. I'm thinking about taking my copy back to gamestop in exchange for another one, but I don't know if they have any extra Hardened Editions or if I'll have to wait for Infinity Ward to make me a new one. The weird part is, after awhile of attempting to play, I can finally play, but when I go to play for the first time a day, the same thing happens over and over again. Since it's obvious that the Playstation 3 isn't the only one with this problem, does anybody have any ideas?

survivor228
245 REPLIES

Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

in reply to survivor228

Mine did this for a long time as well bro.  I have a 360 though.  I finally downloaded the game to my hardrive and from now on, just run the game from that.  It has prevented the game from messing up, a considerable difference.

leathafacexii

in reply to leathafacexii

well, playstation 3 doesn't have an install to HDD option, otherwise I would have tried that. I just don't want to shell out more money for a game I've already had paid off since October that doesn't seem to work. Hopefully they make new discs and ship them to the people who are having the problem or create a patch that fixes the coding on the disc or something.

survivor228

in reply to survivor228

Man that is probably the least they could do.  They send out mass emails saying how much they care, i.e. how sorry they are that the new Elite servers are down bc of the massive amount of online traffic, but in reality i think so many of these problems could have been avoided.

I had the exact same kind of disc issues with my COD Black Ops, and so did a lot of people that I played with.  I take it back to Game Stop and they look at me like I am crazy, extremely frustrating.

leathafacexii

I know, and if I contact Infinity Ward about this, they better not try to tell me they can't afford to make new copies to send out to people. They made $400 million from the U.S. and U.K. alone in 24 hours. They can afford to fix their mistakes. All I know for certain is if this doesn't get fixed soon, I'll more than likely just take it back for a refund and never buy another product from them again, and I think with alot of people having the same problem, they might do the same. Come on IW, listen to your customers.

survivor228
Highlighted

in reply to survivor228

i think he meant from the store i think u can dl it in the store now

trapped_

wait what the fuck? so doesnt that mean u can download a game to ur HDD and then give the disc to ur friend and he does the same???

nikefly321

in reply to nikefly321

Ï can even sign a mass class suit beacuse of this issue, too many people getting it, they don't do anything, so Activition do something before somebody take legal actions...

RoN_ReAdY

in reply to RoN_ReAdY

I am totally 100% with you on this .People on this disscusion Quoting its your blu ray len's dont know what they are saying. so hear i say..

MY PS3 SLIM WORK'S THE SAME WAY IT DID AS THE DAY I OWNED IT BRAND NEW ALL MY PS3 GAMES WORK WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS

HOWEVER MW3 HAS PLAYED WITH NO ERRORS FROM THE DAY I GOT IT ON DEC 25 2011

NOW AFTER RECENT UPDATES/PATCHES TO MW3 IN THE MONTH'S OF FEB 12 TO MARCH 12 ''''DISC READ ERROR '''' APPEARS ON ANY MP MATCH .

AND IM LED TO BELIVE IM AT FAULT WITH A FAULTY DISC /CONSOLE ...THATS BS .I HOPE EVERYONE WITH THE SAME ISSUE BEEN LED TO BELIVE IT'S YOUR FAULT REALISE SHAME ON INFINATY WARD AND ACTIVISION FOR DENYING

(Refuse to admit the truth or existence of) THEIR RESPONSIBILTY OF THIS ISSUE .

I AM RAGING ABOUT THIS.LOL .NO BUT SERIOUSLY .ANSWER WOULD BE NICE .

OR THE NEXT TIME I GET A DISC READ ERROR IM GONNA SMASH THE DISC BACK TO WHERE IT CAME FROM! ITS A JOKE .

HeXLec

in reply to survivor228

I had the same problem, cleaned the laser, then installed to HDD, and not had a problem since. Hope this helps

sarahtonin

Studios