Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I found I can go on Private match without a hitch, but I hit a disk read error when I so much as go in a lobby on proper multiplayer. I had the problem starting 3 patches ago, then after the patch of the new maps I didn't get a single error, after the patch today it's simply unplayable!    

Slayde_Demise

Had this problem all day on Xbox gave up when it happened in every match i played. Also had a similar problem on the PS3 but there i got a freeze every time i played WaW and when i played MW2 the game quits automatic and sends me back to dashboard.

And it only happens in these games specific, but for some reason they work fine when im not signed in.

strablind1

I'm so sick of this game and the freaking disc errors on the PS3. everything else works flawlessly except for MW3. funny enough black ops 1 crashed my old fatty PS3 from multiple hard freezes which i replaced with the slim model.  Not one word of admission from the developers of this horrible game that causes frequent disc errors and hard freezes.          Moral of the story i havent turned on my 360 for the past year and a half but i'm probably going to get Black Ops 2 for the 360 as ps3 really gets the shaft every time in the call of duty series.

juscallmej
Highlighted

i was having the same problem until i took  it out and cleaned the disc but i didnt have the problem till i downloaded the new update and/or the terminal map

ModernSkitzo

i was having the same problem until i took  it out and cleaned the disc but i didnt have the problem till i downloaded the new update and/or the terminal map

ModernSkitzo

never had this problem untill the latest patch... now its every other match i play on team defender, freezing and giving the disc read error

ajwhite82

never had this problem untill the latest patch... now its every other match i play on team defender, freezing and giving the disc read error

ajwhite82

Put me down for a disc read error also if we get together and keep making noise, or not preorder black ops 2, then maybe they will something.

jdroc67

Since I updated to 1.20 I've got about 5 or 6 disk read errors... is this just a patch issue or should I be worried that my Blu-ray reader on my PS3 is on its way out?

swcoruscant

I started having this issue a few days ago. I've had my copy since the midnight release and no issues up till this point.  Tried the whole unistall update, install game(360) step by step and it didn't seem to work for me. I did notice however that it began after I downloaded the Collection 4 maps. I was going to try just deleting all the maps I downloaded, but noticed that a lot of the spec ops maps were 100mb+ so I deleted those, cleared cache in my HDD, and now I'm back in business. I don't play spec ops missions anyways, so it wasn't a big lost for me. If you guys are still have the same issue, I would go ahead and give that a try as well if you haven't.

Seentchu

Studios