Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

Possibly the file system on your ps3 is corrupted,

Try a System File Restore first. It won't delete any files off your console.

Simply do the following:

1. Power cycle your console

a. Hold down the i/o power button down for three beeps. 1st beep turns it on, 2nd beep does nothing, 3rd beep turn its off

b. Make sure you hold down the i/o power button the whole time

2. Power cycle your console again

a. Same steps as one

b. However this time the third beep will be a rapid beep

3. Plug in your control via USB

4. You will see a new menu with six options

5. Select Option Three: System File Restore

a. This will not delete any files on your console, it will only restore any corrupted files

6. Follow the instructions on the screen

If that doesn't work, then your blu-ray diode is burnt out in your disc drive. it would need to be replaced then. Send it off to another reputable third party repair shop.

Bennyq85

I posted to this thread a while ago, after experiencing the same problems. And my solution was simple ... I went out and bought a new console ... and guess what, problem still existed. I therefore assumed that the problem was 100% with the programming etc, just like everyone else on this thread.

But then I thought, maybe the message I am seeing, really is true, and I went and bought a new disc. And the new disc worked PEFECTLY

So I then knew that in fact the problem was my original game disc. But I don;t mistreat my discs, so could not understand why I was having the problem at all. So I inspected my original disc, carefully, and lo and behold, there was the problem. There were micro scratches on the original game disc, caused only by leaving the disc lying around from time to time. This is the true problem, people. And the way to fix it, or prevent it, is simply to always pop your disc in the case when you are not using it, and handle it carefully without touching the data surface. Since I have followed my own advice with my new game disc, I have never had a problem.

Regards

Chant_of_LUV

I posted to this thread a while ago, after experiencing the same problems. And my solution was simple ... I went out and bought a new console ... and guess what, problem still existed. I therefore assumed that the problem was 100% with the programming etc, just like everyone else on this thread.

But then I thought, maybe the message I am seeing, really is true, and I went and bought a new disc. And the new disc worked PEFECTLY

So I then knew that in fact the problem was my original game disc. But I don;t mistreat my discs, so could not understand why I was having the problem at all. So I inspected my original disc, carefully, and lo and behold, there was the problem. There were micro scratches on the original game disc, caused only by leaving the disc lying around from time to time. This is the true problem, people. And the way to fix it, or prevent it, is simply to always pop your disc in the case when you are not using it, and handle it carefully without touching the data surface. Since I have followed my own advice with my new game disc, I have never had a problem.

Regards

Chant_of_LUV

Hi. Will somebody please explain why I keep having disk read errors on certain maps. It really get frustrating. It does not allow me to play my favorite maps anymore like Dome, Mission, or Hardhat. My internet connection is well, and it never did it before until one random day. It did it once in awhile, but gradually got worse as I played. My friend is experiencing this with Terminal, as far as he knows. I just would like a answer from someone and how to fix the problem. Please commit back a solution for the problem. Thank you.

Jackets50BEAST

Hi. Will somebody please explain why I keep having disk read errors on certain maps. It really get frustrating. It does not allow me to play my favorite maps anymore like Dome, Mission, or Hardhat. My internet connection is well, and it never did it before until one random day. It did it once in awhile, but gradually got worse as I played. My friend is experiencing this with Terminal, as far as he knows. I just would like a answer from someone and how to fix the problem. Please commit back a solution for the problem. Thank you.

Jackets50BEAST

i have had this annying disk read error since late August early September. but now my MW3 wont even load the multiplyer or spec ops only the campain, so does anyone know if they know somewhere where you can get a disk repair because all my other ps3 games are no problem its just MW3

adam_camm

Studios