Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I'd take that as a sign, and trade the damn thing in for something like Uncharted3 or Batman,, anything else really is better than Mw3, when you're done with Spec Ops and the campaign, the game is pretty much pointless.

emw_80

if your just gonna hate then gtfo

reaper123167

Dose Infinity ward read this or what? Please Fix " DISK READ ERROR" ps3!

Dirty_Maineiac

yo dude exact same for me ps3 mw3 an its gettin on my nerves now am trying turnin my video recorder off let you know how it goes i feel for all with same problem ..... sickodave

sickodave

I've been having the same issue , code 800105014 . Sometimes it works other times it doesn't , I cleaned the laser and that worked temporarily . Took 2 hours to get online last night . The funny thing is I started using theatre mode to catch boosters and though I never realized until I read this thread , I never had this issue when theatre mode was switched off ! Thanks guys , I shall check and update you all if this works . Also I'm on a new ps3 , is this happening on the old one too ?

Stoobydoo11

so i traded in my mw3 for a new copy 15 mins into game play froze up & kicked me to main skreen."disk read error" this is BS. they need to fixs this crap..

Dirty_Maineiac

Is IW or Activision Fixing "DISK READ ERRORS" consoles are getting from this $60.00 MW3 game people can't even play??

Dirty_Maineiac

I too, am waiting for a solution to this problem. I tried to play last night on multiplayer... Had 3 excellent games in a row that I gained two whole levels 51 to 53, each ended near the end of the game due to disk read errors and all progress was nullified. After an hour of multiplayer frustration... I opened up the campaign for the first time. Twice while playing the very first mission - disk read error! Progress was not saved, and I even had to watch the stupid intro movies again. MW3 is the only disk that has this issue on my PS3, and my system is squeaky clean. I can't play multiplayer, and now I can't even play single player??? What gives? Please provide an answer to this serious game flaw immediately.

LFRISBEE

It seems your blu-ray drive is on about to die. Had the same problem. But lucky me, I have two PS3´s, my old one doesn´t read the disc sometimes, or I get the disc read error, the new one read the same disc like a charm.

private_paula

I just replaced my bluray drive 3 months ago. Hadn't been used except for a few movies until mw3 came out. I hardly doubt less than 1 day of game time is going to burn out a drive. Thanks for the suggestion though.

LFRISBEE

Studios