Modern Warfare 3 on Linux

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Modern Warfare 3 on Linux

My buddy is a very accomplished Linux users and is also a great gamer. Well recently we has decided to get MW3 to work fully and cleanly on linux , he has been working on it for the past two weeks and he invited me over to share the experience (as I too love linux over MS). I have to say that it ran marvelously, I also know that they got the game to run smoothly on Wine, but he created a application to run it clean on Linux and get the multiplayer experience which was not traditionally brought over in Wine. We have not had any problems so far and have about Forty-Four hours played on it and just little bugs. He will be announcing the application and instructions to get the game on it. I run Ubuntu and have another computer running Fedora, while he has it set on Debian he let me test run it on my computer and it is compatible for both my OS, so just to kind of get a topic started who would like to see this on Linux? Also who runs Linux, or thinking about making the change to it? Please I didn't feel like starting an argument I just wanted to know what you think.

Thanks

-Jon

XxR3DPASSIONxX
7 REPLIES

Re: Modern Warfare 3 on Linux

in reply to XxR3DPASSIONxX

actually i wouldnt mind switching to linux i do have a linux box but really 90% of steam games dont run on linux of course there's wine but meh i would rather not run wine and just have a complete work around for certain things like above. How about Slackware ? would it run on it my distro of choice of many years.

xgfdiggle

in reply to xgfdiggle

I understand completely, and I asked about it running on the Slackware OS and he will make available for all Linux OS that are requested and that was one of them, but it is taking some time to get up and running. But in the end, yes, it will run on Slackware, though testing of stabilities has not been conducted. Of course we will be expanding and updating constantly so keep your ears open.

I agree with your Wine remark it takes some time out of it and then the multiplayer is not as great as we Tux users would like to see on our PC. Remember this is not a completed list and will be updated in the future. The Program will be free for those who want to know.

Mike sent in his idea to CPW and they liked his idea and gave him a full sponsor and are helping him to expand it so you don't need it for just games but maybe for all your everyday needs, a strong coding that exceeds Wines(even though they have a great system and it is reliable). More on this might be announced later.

Here is a list of the currently available Linux OS it is set to run on:

These were tested and run almost perfectly:

1. Mint

2. Ubuntu

3. Fedora

4. openSUSE

5. Debian

6. Arch

7. CentOS

8. PCLinuxOS

9. Puppy

10. Mageia

11. LinuX-gamers(MW3 tested and runs strong, full HD and multiplayer experienceSmiley Happy

These are tested but not fully:

1. SlackWare

2. Mandriva

3. Lubuntu

4. Sabayon

5. Chakra

6. FreeBSD

7. Zorin

8. Scientific

9. Bodhi

10. Pinguy

These are on the list to be tested:

1. PC-BSD

2. Kubuntu

3. Vector

4. ArchBang

5. Xubuntu

6. Fuduntu

7. KNOPPIX

8. Tiny Core

9. Red Hat

10. MEPIS

11. BackTrack

12. Salix

13. Ubuntu Studio(more for game developers)

XxR3DPASSIONxX

hey XxR3DPASSIONxX 

iam wating and searching for mw3 linux files for a long time.

I also tried the wine method but thats not really good , the cpu usage was horribleSmiley Sad .

I have a linux root (debian) and it would be glad if i can help u to improve yours and to test it

WiiCoreGamer

I would think, considering the efficiency of Unix based OS, that you could have a much richer experience in general with it.

cheaterssuk

I am a linuxer ,I like linux ,my OS:

fedora 16 x64

kernel 3.2.3

kde 4.8

my Email: whererun@gmail.com

I got a copy MW3,

can I got this files for testing ?

whererun

I am a linuxer ,I like linux ,my OS:

fedora 16 x64

kernel 3.2.3

kde 4.8

my Email: whererun@gmail.com

I got a copy MW3,

can I got this files for testing ?

whererun

DO WANT!!!!

Also, you could always run a VM,  but yes, CPU Usage would be rediculous.  My laptop and server are both dedicated Linux boxes, but my tower runs Win7 with VMWare that I run Ubuntu Studio for school work (programming) because I hate idle, and would rather just run it in a clean terminal

batnercave

Studios