On Improving your Game!

SOLVED

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Highlighted

COD,

I wanted to address this question I've been asking myself during the game, how can I improve? I consider myself decent, not the best nor worse, I fight and fight hard for the win no matter the game mode. Some guys I've played against, and met here have some high numbers that back their gaming style. So I ask what can one do to improve their own game? What do some of these guys do differently?

Note: To those who respond post no more than a few paragraphs to reduce confusion, lets keep this simple and no name calling this is not a "which gamestyle is best discussion" 

Here goes:

I've found that paring with one friend during a match, working with each other on communication helps reduce death and increases kills. 

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Learning the maps. Biggest thing that I think helps me improve is watching the killcam to see how my opponents use the map to their advantage. Seeing new camping spots, where people run, walk or crouch, etc.

noluck07
10 REPLIES 10

Maybe its about having to listen to what some of these folk talk about... maybe it actually hjas to do with how they cheat...

I mute every toon in a lobby, minus those I might be in a party with if our BT's are charged.

OFF TOPIC:  It sure would be nice to have a global mute option so I didnt have to take the time to go and mute all the players indivually.  Especially helpful during team starts when it goes to the 10 second count down and I cant go to the player list.

1Re78GS234

Thanks for posting but what you wrote has nothing to do with what I asked!

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

goodmorning izjar!  i like to unlock guns from worst, or most difficult to use, to easiest.  for example i unlocked the spaz and it was crazy hard to master, and found only with range and damgae it is a feasable gun forn ANY map.  so when i started to run with the ksg and 1887 it was crazy easy to pick up where my spaz left off!?  also, take every advantage of the perks, especially if you run solo.  can a person really call you a noob if you're running solo!?

xxphenomen4xx

so unlocking guns is how you improve? Ok, I guess learning to play with the most skilled weapons first is a valid method. Never tried it myself but cool thanks.

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

Learning the maps. Biggest thing that I think helps me improve is watching the killcam to see how my opponents use the map to their advantage. Seeing new camping spots, where people run, walk or crouch, etc.

noluck07

Finally a decent response, learning the map! Yes great tip!.I've caught myself as well observing the kill cam for something new.

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

To expand on the learning the maps statement which is very good btw, I would also advise find a game mode you enjoy and stick with it. It will further help you understand traffic patterns and choke points in the maps.

Also you can go into theater mode and zoom all the way out to watch how traffic moves throughout the map during the course of the game.

opb81

I watch a lot of the youtube pros and learn from them.  Rushing routes, map hot spots, nade spots, lines of sight etc...stuff the generally makes you a better player.  Learning the spawns is key too but not learning the spawns so you can spawn kill.  That's cheap.  Learning the spawns so you dont end up running into the enemies spawn and then well you're pretty much SOL unless you pull off some magical James Bond stuff.....

the_murf53

Really the only way to get "good" (at least at TDM) so to speak is to become a camper. I've noticed that most of the high k/d players in my lobbies are the ones who are hiding in the exact same spot all game(even after being killed 2-3 times in the same place) or corner camping hard. If you run and gun or don't play a camping style(especially in TDM) you will get slaughtered. I get so tired of people with MP7s hiding behind crap and picking me off from the entire map away like they are using an MSR. Learning the spawns is also a crap shoot as I get revenge spawned at least 3-4 times a game if I am doing well. I'll shoot a guy and then less than 2 seconds later I'm dead and the kill cam shows him spawning 10 feet behind me when his entire team is on the other side of the map. Also if you are solo'ing a lot I would suggest Blind Eye/Assassin/Dead Silence for your perk set up as you'll be able to sneak around the map unhindered and won't be a sitting duck when a heli comes in and nobody on your team has a Stinger. I've also found swapping out lethal to bouncing betty and claymore gets me more kills, especially on the smaller maps, frags are fairly useless, though I do like semtex here and there, just found the BBs and Claymores more effective.

DaShuk2381

Studios