PS3 MW3 problem to find game

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

@theirateness
If you don't have anything constructive to add then do not comment.

Be patient guys. I will probe again on the Facebook page and see what the status is. Hopefully we can play again soon.
AlanIsVeryStinky

@AlanIsVeryStinkywrote:
@theirateness
If you don't have anything constructive to add then do not comment.

I'm being constructive by helping people not get their hopes up. If they didn't do anything about all the hacking I doubt they'll do anything about this, old dead game, no source of revenue=they don't care. I hope they prove me wrong but, I'm not gonna hold my breath. You do you though, good luck.

theirateness

Same problem in Australia.

Rambo_John_J65

Im still having the same problem but sended a PM to activision support, it takes times but they answered me always.

Hope find a solution soon

sweeper1976

Hey there, I am from Skandinavien. Have the same problem.

I got e-mail from Play station plus somewhere in begining of march that they will support no more Ps3 and Ps Vitas downloaded content in past from 8.03.2018 if you are not member of the PS plus. So what a coincident on the 9.3.2018 i got the problem finding games. Maybe the problem is extra DLC maps?

So my question is the extra maps what we all have in common that have problem finding lobbys? If not then my conspiracy theory falls in water.

This is only a wild goose chase.

Deleted User
Highlighted

@Deleted User

I don't think that is the problem because I have no DLC packs. You may just have bad timing!

AlanIsVeryStinky

I find it interesting that someone, telling the truth, quite likely from experience and passing that on is told off for not being constructive.

I, from experience have an extremely low opinion of activision and their customer service, and agree whole heartedly with the "negative" post. In 2015 when I was first deranked in a public tdm lobby, I was told it did not happen by activision, when I contacted them, I believe by e-mail at the time, a method of contact I believe they no longer support. I had recorded the game, knew the individuals name, and if activision had wanted to look at the game to see this individual clearly cheating and then deranking at least one player, it would have been easy. They just DONT GIVE A S**T. It made me so angry to be told something I knew happened did not. Perhaps if game makers want us to buy new games they could make the new games better than the old ones, something a great deal of people clearly dont think has happen in this COD series. I bought the newer games up to ghosts, which I gave away soon after, as the online game was rubbish. MW3 is the only one I have played for years. If activision were a bit brighter they could offer a service for say £50 pa to properly support old popular games. I will not be buying any new ones from activision, if they want £50 a year from me i have suggested how they can get it. There is a good chance I will never return to this forum so if you wish to berate me for this post please feel free but dont think because I dont answer you that you are right.

ripple41

Thank you for your anecdote, it was exhilerating. However, if I were in Activision's shoes, I wouldn't do anything about modded rooms / hackers either if it became a common occurrence. If you want to volunteer for a full-time job with overtime to correct for these things then be my guest.

Frankly, if you don't like Activision then don't buy their products. I want a solution to my problem, not a negativity fest attacking the people I want help from. Perhaps if you were more respectful, people would be more willing to help you. I indeed hope that you don't return Smiley Wink

@rwgq96

Thank you for your suggestion. I tested it by trying to disable DLC, but it didn't make a difference.

After contacting Activision Support on Facebook, I can say that they are still looking into it but unfortunately there is no ETA for a solution. Fingers crossed for a solution soon Smiley Happy

AlanIsVeryStinky

How many times did you contacted activision, did they tell you something?

Is it Nat type moderate and strict that is problem, did they abandoned Ps3 games, is it problem with fiber internet, maybe matchmaking is down?

Matchmaking primer filter is DLC maps, it divide people in groups who have it and not. There is a lot of things that can effect matchmaking : network connection, time of day, region.

Deleted User
Twice now, but I don't really know anything about what they are doing. NAT type moderate is not a problem because it never has been in the past. This problem started happening overnight and has spread over at least three continents.

DLC maps are disabled completely. Although I wonder if disabling the DLC maps on 08/03/18 on the server side has caused matchmaking problems. We will find out soon enough I guess.
AlanIsVeryStinky

Studios