Prestige Shop and the disincentive to Prestige in MW3...

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

What alexjt22 said is true.

You can gain points from Spec Ops Missions, Survival Mode & Single Player to use in the Prestige Shop.

Honestly, I don't see myself prestiging in MW3.

Compared to Black Ops, there's alot more to do when it comes to challenges. The title/emblem challenge system is back, you can level up your weapons rather than buy using COD points and you can gain gold camo even if you don't want to prestige.

But what may change my mind is extra custom classes. Unless the prestige shops also caters to players who don't want to go beyond 1st Prestige or no prestige, I would use all my points on extra custom classes.

In COD4 and WAW, I didn't bother prestiging. In MW2, I only went up to 2nd Prestige and in Black Ops, I went to 14th Prestige.

vims2011

i think that you can only use each one once put when tenth you get all of them

snipe50cal

did you just make that up?

rexxcastle69

Prestige shop? Not making it up... Bowling spoke of it briefly at COD XP... here's pics.

http://beta.digitalwarfare247.com/games/modernwarfare3/207-what-is-mw3-prestige-shop

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

I def like this idea when it comes to prestiging. Especially resetting everything. Pretty much gives MW3 infinite replayability

rk1apocalypse

wonder what the gear is going 2 be

Brandeno14

brandeno2614 wrote:

wonder what the gear is going 2 be

My guess is you get to keep a weapon or maybe an entire kit.

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

eys5y

xjsxwright

I think "grinding" to get "that" item takes the fun out of the game. I'm yet to meet a person who has honestly said that grinding for something is more fun than playing for fun.

I've never been a "have-to-get-to-max-prestige-first" person, in fact i'm only max prestige on one game, and it happens to be the game I like the least - WaW. I prestige when I get bored of what I have, not unlocing anything new. With weapon proficiencies, I think i'll probably stay in the lower prestiges even longer... haha

foxracer30

foxracer30 wrote:

I think "grinding" to get "that" item takes the fun out of the game. I'm yet to meet a person who has honestly said that grinding for something is more fun than playing for fun.

I've never been a "have-to-get-to-max-prestige-first" person, in fact i'm only max prestige on one game, and it happens to be the game I like the least - WaW. I prestige when I get bored of what I have, not unlocing anything new. With weapon proficiencies, I think i'll probably stay in the lower prestiges even longer... haha

That's what I liked about cP in Black Ops... If wanted the attachment... I could buy it. I could buy the perks I wanted, when I wanted.

Back the grind is not something I'm looking forward to doing 800 times or more.

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Studios