Prestige Shop and the disincentive to Prestige in MW3...

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

I guess in a way you could consider that a grind... but the way i've always seen it:

I was going to use the gun anyway, so I was bound to unlock (insert unlockable here) eventually, anyway. I've never used something specifically to unlock something with/for/after it. (with the exception of weapon contracts... )

foxracer30

foxracer30 wrote:

I guess in a way you could consider that a grind... but the way i've always seen it:

I was going to use the gun anyway, so I was bound to unlock (insert unlockable here) eventually, anyway. I've never used something specifically to unlock something with/for/after it. (with the exception of weapon contracts... )

I like using ACOGs a lot... in MW2 you had to grind your way through 150 kills with it to get it... Prestiging in BO was far less painful than other titles... you gained XP through contracts and other means than just challanges to weapons.

Most peeps who prestiged in MW2 would save lifetime kills on a gun to get the quick boost of XP early in the next cycle. I think it's back to that for MW3.

I would love it if your weapon experience remained even when you prestige. That is one thing I think is a noce idea that really needs to be expanded in future titles.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

It'd be a good idea for future titles for the prestige shop, if that idea continues on..

foxracer30

I agree with the carry over of weapon XP.  The idea of having to get kills to achieve a certain attachment is challenging to me and fun.

I can't wait to see how this all pans out in the end.  Will it be the hype?  Or will it become Milli Vanilli?

greencoffin72

greencoffin72 wrote:

I agree with the carry over of weapon XP.  The idea of having to get kills to achieve a certain attachment is challenging to me and fun.

I can't wait to see how this all pans out in the end.  Will it be the hype?  Or will it become Milli Vanilli?

If it sucks... we can "Blame it on the Rain"... literally since we live in Oregon.

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

I really like the idea of a prestige store.. depending on how long it takes to prestige, i'll be doing it quite a bit .

zachdavis11

From the looks of things... fairly fast.

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

How often do you get these points????

-StalkerPro

stalkerpro

Excellent question...

... zero intel to date.

RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

I hope they expand on this a bit more over the upcoming month.

yourdawince

Studios