Pretty disappointed with COD ELITE so far :(

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Appart from the fact, that the "Site is dowm temporarily" I could get a glimpse at Elite yesterday and I'm not impressed to say the least. One feature I was eager to play with was the community thing but it's "coming soon" and I wouldn't hold my breath until that because publishers define soon different from players. Appart from that there's not pretty much to see. Recent matches lag behind a few hours, heat maps are not existent and the social features like tracking other players don't work. Changing my class online and transfering it to my Xbox did cause error messages on my console and the classes didn't update propperly. The improve section is also very disappointing because the maps do not have the features that were shown in the promo videos and I don't know if the weapons videos are a reason to go premium. All the compete events are premium only too. And it's slow as hell. I know Activision never made a name of hosting a state of the art forum but for a service that you want to squeeze money out of us you should deliver something better than that.

The XBL app is a joke too. I thought this would be an ingame tool to quickly compare and analyze but being forced to quit the game makes Elite on the console quite useless like Halo Waypoint.

Just my thoughts of something that could have been great.

bo2000
27 REPLIES 27

11/13//11 is when founde status comes.

ELITE dont come into 2 days after release.

You clearly dont know how to read..Its been said multiple times.

MisleDification

I think you can't read. It's been online every now and then since yesterday and when elite is down you can read "Sorry, site is dowm temporarily" and not "Available on 11.09.11, right?

bo2000
Highlighted

Its up and down but they already said not all the features was added and expect a 2 day wait if not a week at the most.

MisleDification

Of course it's slow they've only just started up the servers and they're still implimenting half the features.

Be patient. Wait a week at least then start your complaining.

TGT_Silent

I wish they hadn't boasted "The most anticipated game in HISTORY" and then say "We didn't expect this many people to get ELITE or buy this game. OOPSIE!" But yea, hopefully they can get it up later today. I know a lot of people want to make clans, view stats, etc.

twistedjman5

Yeah really sad. Also sad that theres no comment on this total outage. They mentioned problems with registration and such but this is embarassing.

bo2000

LOL tru dat

sg2624281326

Let's be honest here, most of the people who paid the $50 bucks for elite are doing it for the DLC. The stat tracking and other features are just a bonus.

funky_bunk

Elite worked great during the Beta and it will work but it needs time. Basically in a nut shell they wasn't expecting this many people. Same thing with the game. It happens every release. My guess is they don't want to spend the money on the servers they need until the absolutely have too and then they have to get those servers up and running.

wickedcueball

Studios