Riot Shields and problems with this game/online.

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Riot Shields and problems with this game/online.

Literally, the past 3 matches I've been disconnected from dashboaders.

Why can't there be common settings so a prompt says "you cannot dashboard during an online game". The Wii can do it, can't press the home button during a game.

Also, Riot Shields, people say they're cheap, no, they're not cheap. You can shoot through them, and the PP90 shoots through it like nothings there sometimes.

Infinity Ward fix your game? You seem to haven't cared about us, you didn't even include a Music Volume button for us which I have games that are as old as me and they have it. It can't be that hard to put in.

Why make the shields FLY to your side when you get hit and get stunned/run?

Make the frames keep the shield infront of us, we already lunge past people when we try to melee them, do something for Riot Shielders instead of boosting already good guns, and nerfing shotguns which are already bad.

I have several times that the guns literally shot nowhere but the middle of the shield, but guess what? I still get shot. I have films of them, you'd have to add me but I can easily prove it to you.

Riot Shields obviously need a buff, and an ingame music volume button is needed but clearly there's other things too important like dashboarding, oh wait... you can't even fix that.

I paid 60$ for a game, at least give us updates that fix things that NEED to be fixed.

Hell, blast shield also needs buff'd, it's not that other explosive resistance things were overpowered, they just simply WORKED. I get flashed with Blastshield and I'm sitting there 3 seconds blind, without it, 6 seconds. It's rediculous with or without it. I'd much rather be stunned.

Riot Shields people say were a lot better and overpowered in Mw2. No, they weren't, they just WORKED, they were still pretty bad.

Also, why can't we have knife armor or something? People knife through our shield and sideswipe us half the time, Riot Shielders need SOMETHING but apparently we don't even get a little more protection even though we're running around with a melee weapon that doesn't even cover our whole body like it used to.

Shields are terrible, and they don't cover our feet, and our butt's stick out 10 million feet. If you're gonna provide advice also, provide VALID advice, Riot Shields don't work best looking straight at someone, you have to look down more and left/right (I forget which direction) just so they can't shoot your butt because you guys thought it was neccessary to make Riot Shields horrible. If you look straight at them they just shoot your feet, not to mention if you're shot once your guy decides to sling his riot shield beside him like that's gonna help him, letting them have a free kill practically.

BlueberrySyrup
18 REPLIES

Re: Riot Shields and problems with this game/onlin...

in reply to BlueberrySyrup

What is your infatuation with riot shields?  They do not belong in a FPS.  Basically what you are asking is for riot shields to make you invincible, which isn't going to happen.  Get good, use a gun.

JetEye

in reply to JetEye

Also, I'd like to say if Riot Shields don't belong in a game or CAN'T belong in a FPS, then why should quickscoping be aloud in a "realistic" first person shooter? Riot Shields are more realistic than that.

BlueberrySyrup

BlueberrySyrup wrote:

Also, I'd like to say if Riot Shields don't belong in a game or CAN'T belong in a FPS, then why should quickscoping be aloud in a "realistic" first person shooter? Riot Shields are more realistic than that.

They are not because real riot shields are made out of plastic, and can not block bullets. They are designed to block thrown bottles, bricks, and other riot related weapons. Even small caliber fire arms would rip through it like a hot knife through butter. Riot shields in the game are WAY less realistic then quickscoping.

coltfirearms

in reply to coltfirearms

It's a game, a shield is going to protect in a war game.

Also, it's made of plexiglass, sure it isn't supposed to block bullets, but it still blocks it like it's supposed to block an object.

If you were to quickscope in real life, it's just not even possible.

So in truth, Riot Shields function how they're supposed to, but just with blocking bullets, snipers can quickscope, which isn't even what they're supposed to do, the things they do are meant for assault weapns.

BlueberrySyrup

BlueberrySyrup wrote:

It's a game, a shield is going to protect in a war game.

Also, it's made of plexiglass, sure it isn't supposed to block bullets, but it still blocks it like it's supposed to block an object.

If you were to quickscope in real life, it's just not even possible.

So in truth, Riot Shields function how they're supposed to, but just with blocking bullets, snipers can quickscope, which isn't even what they're supposed to do, the things they do are meant for assault weapns.

They are made out of polycarbonate, which is plastic.

Obviously it is a game, but you are the one who brought up realism. Quickscoping is actually possible; you just won't be able to be accurate. Quickscoping is a lot more realistic then riot shields blocking rpgs and bullets. Yes they were meant to block things, just not explosives and bullets. There is nothing realistic about bullets being blocked by a plastic shield.

Answer this question; what is real about blocking bullets with a plastic shield?

Quickscoping is just pulling your rifle up and shooting before you are completely looking through the scope. In real life it would be as accurate as hip firing, but it is still possible.

I want you to try this. Point your finger at an object about 15 yards or less away from you. You will be some what on target. There is an actual technique for shooting close range without using your sights by acting like you are pointing at the target. Of course you won't be perfect, but it is possible. This is coming from a guy that HATES quickscoping with a passion.

coltfirearms

in reply to coltfirearms

If you did that with a sniper it'd have too much kick and fly back at you if you're just quickly pulling it to your eye lol...

BlueberrySyrup

BlueberrySyrup wrote:

If you did that with a sniper it'd have too much kick and fly back at you if you're just quickly pulling it to your eye lol...

The point is that it is more realistic then the riot shields, so just admit you were wrong and walk away. A lot more realistic then the use of riot shields.

coltfirearms

in reply to coltfirearms

I riot shield in the game blocks bullets, a riot shield in real life blocks objects, it's being used what it's purpose is for, just upgraded because Riot Shields would fail in real war. They still have the BASIC use, as snipers do not. I'm not going to "walk away" because I don't believe I'm wrong.

BlueberrySyrup

RIOT shields DO need to be fixed :L

NanaNYAN

Studios