Should snipers be nerfed in MW3?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

padiego wrote:

Yes im already complaining about quickscoping in MW3 . Reason, i don't wanna see a bunch of kids in S&D doing attempting to do trick shots and not helping out the team in any way. Also, did you see HOW FREAKING FAST the sniper rifles locked on? DAMN! Turn aim assist on and you're a freaking god! One shot kill, any range....I think its too powerful. I like the way sniping is in Black Ops, IMHO sniping was at its best on black ops(bullet drop wouldn't hurt anybody....It would actually take skill to snipe....). So...Discuss. Should sniping be kept as it is on black ops or should it be the way it is right now in mw3?

Wasn't sniping sorta nerfed anyway?  If I remember right, there's no bolt-action sniper rifles.

__

bitterbub

Your kidding right? The .50 Cal is bolt-action and the L118A is also bolt-action (I think this is the other one...)

hunkkillya

...The .50 cal is semi auto... do your homework. The L118A and the MSR are bolt action snipers in MW3.

semperfi550

semperfi550 wrote:

...The .50 cal is semi auto... do your homework. The L118A and the MSR are bolt action snipers in MW3.

Dont forget the high recoil on the 50. cal

revisawesome

There are bolt-actions in MW3. I think I remember there being at least 2.

Anyways, no, keep snipers as they are. I want a bunch of kids trying to quickscope. Why? Because 95% of them won't know how to do it, and will be very easy kills. If it gets simply unbearable, I will be looking at alternative methods to beating them. Lets see what it is like first.

grombloodboy

I must be one of the only people who doesn't have a problem with quickscopers I play MW2 a lot and none of the quickscopers I've come up against have been effective at all, they never seem to go positive lol.

I don't use the sniper myself but I bet if most quickscopers used assault rifles/SMGs they would get much better scores - So don't really see why it needs to be nerfed like it was on Black Ops.

jamesafc

Here's an idea:

Make the ADS time 1 sec.  Do not allow anything to change this.  No attachments/proficiencies/perks should affect ADS time for sniper rifles.

Then, remove aim assist for snipers.  The object of a sniper is to be a good shot on your own.  (I also dislike aim assist in general because I think YOU should be a good shot not the game, but this is a topic for another thread.)

If you can still quickscope after these changes, then by all means do so.  But I honestly think that 90% of the quickscoping community will be unable to adapt.

t_h_flame

I agree to that too. Aim assist to be removed, same thing with knife lunge.

padiego

knife lunge is essential for riot shields and tac. knife users so no

revisawesome

I hate the knife lunge, i hate lunge. It was the worst idea anybody ever had. If they want lunge, make it a two shot kill . Seriously, i think i actually been killed by second chance lungers(People who lunged at me, killed me and then went into second chance..) than by guns!

padiego

Studios