Should snipers be nerfed in MW3?

Modern Warfare 3 Forum

Yup, way too easy to quickscope.

daggmask

I don't think the snipers (Or any gun for that matter) should be nurfed. Think about it.
In real life, What are some of the most powerful guns. In terms of single shots,

Sniper Rifles. One bullet form a sniper rifle is easily enough to instantly kill someone if they are hit in the stomach, chest or head. Other guns, maybe, maybe not. Depends on distance.

So really, from a realistic perspective, I think that nerfing the sniper rifles would be stupid.

And please, Anyone that thinks the sniping system in Black Ops is better, PLEASE re-think that. Play some MW2 to refresh your memory.

BO sniping was terrible.

Anywho, that is just my own opinion. I am stoked to get my hands on the game this November and try it out.

mralpharogue

Well MW2 wasn't on the wii, so BO is the best sniping we've had. Also, this is a game so don't start up on that "real life" crap...

On a different note, I'm gonna have an ACOG bolt action

If people hated ACOG snipers before, then with this so easier sniping, I expect the hate to grow XD

hunkkillya

I'm using either the LL8 or the M71 (both the only bolt actions in the game), with ACOG...SUE ME! lol

wiiplayaaa

oh I also heard you can customize your ACOG scope! if we end up getting custom reticles, thats going to be AWESOME!

wiiplayaaa

I'm pretty sure the .50 Cal is a bolt-action...

(I want the emotes from the blackops forums back)

hunkkillya

"Real Life" is something that FPS games are shooting for these days. So yes, I think I will start up on the 'real life' crap.

If they nerf the snipers, it better only be for the Wii players.

mralpharogue

When then I guess they should just get rid of Core modes, and only leave everything as Hardcore, cause in real life you die in a couple shots. And if you get shot in the leg the your guy should limp because there's no way in hell that a person is running after being shot in the leg... oh yea, and on every game mode you should have one life because you can't come back when you die.

I can go on and on with stuff to make it more like real life, but making this game (or any game) fully like real life would just get boring.

hunkkillya

yes thats true but there's some kind of line that the community makes and i dont really mind getting quickscope on blops because i know its kind a hard except those panic no scopes those make me angry and making quick scope easy it takes the fun out of it at least for me

thepenguinz

take out instant scoping, leave quick scoping. without quickdraw there would not be a problem.

wwthetoddww

Studios